SAM ADAMS Pulls out of Boston St Pats Day Parade

It looks like a little brouhaha over the organizers of Boston’s St. Patricks Day parade discriminating against the LGBT community, causing Boston’s biggest brewery to withdraw their sponsorship - would love to hear what the locals think?

Politicians are stupid and are slow to learn. It will ultimately fixed if not this year eventually. The Mayor will NOT join in the walk because of this.

Ron’s take is the same as mine. I’m sure Boston Beer Co. was a major sponsor of the parade, and the money disappearing might be the only thing that can change the minds of the people in charge.

This is more of a political topic than a beer topic. But, I don’t take part in the politics forum, so I guess I’m glad it’s here.

Guiness pulls out of NYC parade:

Thanks for posting, Roberto. I hadn’t heard about the NYC situation, which looks to be about the same as the one in Boston. I see that Heineken pulled out of the NYC parade as well. Good for them and Guinness. It’s discouraging to see that such discrimination still goes on in such a sanctioned, public way.