Mandolin is out!

The most wonderful time of the year… Blue Mountain releases their Mandolin every March, where it remains on sale until gone- usually by the summer time. This beer is easily IMO one of the best craft beers made in the US. They do not distribute locally, but I do have a friend in Nelson County who will buy some for me and truck it up here. If you have not had this, it is somewhat similar to La FIn Du Monde, except I think it is more complex. I am nto convinced of its aging properties- I had originally thought it could age beautifully, but that hasn’t always been the case, but I suspect this was due to batch variation rather than inherent in the style of the beer. Either way, I plan on getting enough of this so that I have plenty to drink, share with a few folk, and put a couple away as an experiment.

Bob,

Happy to be a recipient of your generosity. [highfive.gif]

Let me know the details and I’ll reciprocate with something. Coincidentally, saw some McKenzie’s Reserve this past weekend at a grocery store around here.

Jorge-
The MCkenzie reserve is now being distributed locally, but thanks for keeping me in mind. It started coming around here this Xmas. And again, I won’t kid any body that this is some sort of a noble high end cider. But it is good with the mulled spices, plus it has a special memory association that is important to us.
I’ll put you down for a Mandolin as well. I was going to have my friend Chef bring me 6 bottles, but I am going to tell him a full case.

Blue Mountain “Mandolin” is a tripel-style brew, for anyone who’s interested in that information.

Yep, deduced that from the Fin du Monde comparison. LOVE Tripels.

Speaking of dude, look at this sick Allagash event in the city next week!

Dang! Hope there’s a taxi stand at that Allagash event! Definitely one for beer lovers with a sweet tooth.

Bob-
Have your friend look for a ‘special’ version of Mandolin. If it hasn’t come out by the time he delivers, I’ll be in Pittsburg first week of April (Pirates/Cardinals, baby!) and may be able to run you a bottle. Stay tuned…

Wimp. [snort.gif]

My heart just skipped a beat. Defibrillator! I need a Defibrillator stat!!!

May I ask what it is that makes this special?

PM sent to avoid hysteria

You PM’d me but somehow I’m still hysterical. [oops.gif] [tease.gif] [headbang.gif] [inquisition.gif]

I meant the hysteria of others. Not responsible for your individual lack of self control.

Got me a 12 pack. [dance2.gif] [crazy1.gif] I have to get it to town here, but that shouldn’t be too hard as I have a friend or two that travels between both areas on a regular basis. Jorge- you are on the list to get one.

I still can’t quite contain my hysteria. [dance.gif] [mouth-drop.gif]

Thank you Bob. Let me know what you’d like to try from up here.

Got a case chillin in the wine cellar! Jorge- is the same address ok for shipping?

I’ll likely pop my first one tomorrow. I cannot wait.

Wow. Is this a different style than past batches? Tastes like a trippel than a dubbel to me . Than I get the last,yeasty pour, and there is that double yeasty quality I love love love. Maybe it needs a couple of months to settle in but it is excellent.

Finished with a Rye Rebellion. I haven’t had this in a while and had forgotten how awesome it is. A great night.