Kirkland Signature™ Glenlivet Distillery 40-Year-Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Has anyone ever seen this at their neighborhood Costco. Kinda intrigues me, supposedly priced at $700. Is it worth the coin?

Yep, saw this or something like it at that price…and laughed…small market in that price range, smaller still at Costco and perhaps unrecognizable market with the Costco Kirkland label (though I could see someone giving a gift like this, just don’t see a gift at this level with the Kirkland monicker).

Bumping this as I’m very curious as to if anyone has tried it. The price is no longer 700 but 399

If it was available last year, I might have bought it, being birthyear and all (1971, not 2015 OBVIOUSLY)

might be worth a buy at 399. I’m curious. It’s bottled by alexandar murray & co. (they do all the private label stuff for trader joes, costco and some TW)

not so good review from whiskey advocate
http://whiskyadvocate.com/shelf_talker.php?review_id=2255

very glowing review from here

Thanks charlie.
at 199 are you a buyer?

IMG_2978 (1).jpg
I didn’t see the Glenlivet at “my” store, but did see this one.

for sure. 40 yr scotches don’t come cheap even if the independent bottler doesn’t have a great rep

I’ve had several bottles of the Kirkland/Glenlivet 40 year. It’s not sublime. It’s not deep. Pleasant. Very smooth.

At $199, it’d be a definite buy. I’ve got 1 bottle left from the several I purchased when they were marked down to $399. Not gonna reload at that price.

It was the perfect way to celebrate the Golden State Warriors’ first title in 40 years, though… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone try the 25-yr Speyside, 24-yr blended or 16-yr Highland Kirkland Ex-Bourbon Barrel Scotches? Saw them at local Costco for $90/$70/$50.

Not any of the above, but I’ve been drinking the Kirkland 21, and it’s pretty decent. Nothing spectacular, but well worth the $50 I paid for it.

I wish they would release a cask strength product. Too much water at 80 proof.

[thankyou.gif]

Recently spotted at Costco: Kirkland 18 yr Speyside sherry cask finished single malt - 92 proof! $50-ish.

That one has been tempting but I haven’t brought myself to grab a bottle yet. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has had it.

Whisky Advocate link gives page not found.

Good deal, IMO. Higher proof helps the flavor profile.

Finally caved and bought a bottle of the 18, glad I did, here is my take as posted in another thread…

Just got into the 18 year Speyside single malt sherry finished over the last couple nights, this stuff is really good. Loaded with flavor in a smooth yet dense style. Coming from someone who likes a lot of flavor in their spirits this one surprised me. Was expecting a watery approachable whisky but this really delivers. Showcases the best of both worlds, Bourbon and Sherry character with that funky Scotch complexity.

Kirkland Signature Highland 18 year old Sherry Cask Finish, 40%

Single Malt Scotch | $33

An 18 year old single malt for just $33 should set alarm bells ringing. But this sherry-finished Kirkland expression from an undisclosed distillery is definitely a decent dram at a bargain-basement price. Initially slightly vegetal and earthy on the nose, developing a warm leatheriness, with sherry, figs, melon skin, and caramel. Silky on the palate, with milk chocolate, emerging hazelnuts, sweet sherry, and honey. The finish is medium in length, with spicy orange and mocha coffee notes.

Reviewed by: Gavin Smith (Fall 2014)
83 points
Kirkland Signature (distilled at Glenlivet) 40 year old, 40%

Single Malt Scotch | $700

Bottling of a large package of 12 butts and 30 hoggies dating from 1972. The nose is slightly closed initially, but shows good mature distillery character: old apple, potpourri, more raspberry, and furniture polish. The palate is a little dry, with humidor and light chocolate, but needs water to bring out the fruit-sugar sweetness. It’s good, but that low bottling strength has sapped it of the energy which is vital for old whiskies. (U.S. only)

Reviewed by: Dave Broom (Fall 2014)