Who's on untappd?

I saw in mentioned in the beer thread, but I thought I could leave this here for folks who want to ID themselves. I find this is a great way to find new beers - see what the other beer geeks are drinking. I’m on although I’ve started my last name with “Beer”.

I’ve been using it for quite a while Username: kzimmerman

Have never heard of it. What is it? A forum?

iPhone/(Android?) app kinda like cellartracker, except essentially just tasting notes. However it does have a feature to find rare beers based upon where others are “checking in” with those beers around you.

I’m on there- Joe Hauck or glaze3

Jorge is there and Jason H, I had forgotten about it for over a year and was not logging any beers until recently, but notice the two guys above are pretty heavy users.

It would be a nice little app for you Brian.

Just signed up - emurray100

Interesting. I’ll download it tomorrow and give it a try. Is it free?

I’m on under my name, but my acct is private as I arrange trades there, so my e-mail is published from time to time. I’ve been on there forever. Send me a friend request.

Brian- this is free and the app is actually untappd, not uptappd if you are searching for it.

Dammit you guys - I think i’m hooked. :smiley:

Just downloaded it - I’m rsk. Great app.

How do you arrange trades?

Me and buddy got hooked and check in to just about every new beer we try. Fun stuff. Except that I am currently at 666 unique beers [swoon.gif] Guess I better go find a beer I have never tried.

It is fun. I will say it does get me to try new beers. And it is a nice way to quickly check if you have had a beer and potentially what you thought of it.

I’m jasonhagen

Cheers,

J

Kinda the same way as here, add someone as a friend, check their wish list & see if you have access to a lot of stuff they want & post a comment asking if they would like to trade. You can use seek a brew also to see what is distributed in different states to set up trades. It is good to have a network there so people can see who you are & “verify” your quality as a trader since there isn’t really a forum. Ex- you aren’t going to trade w/the guy with one check in for Widmer Hefeweizen that wants your Pliny & Abyss.

just signed-up. Username: grafstrb

Same username as CT. My Beeradvocate ID (“bringonthehops”) was already taken. [swearing.gif]

How exactly do you spell your username? I did a search for you, but “No Users were found for {the two iterations I searched for}”.

Just joined

cjanko

This will be the end of me getting to bed early tonight!

Just downloaded and joined as well…sent friend requests to everyone who’s posted here. Have not had a chance to check out the app any further than that but it looks cool.

Just signed up based on this thread, mine is youngjc1. Guess I’ll have to go grab a beer ASAP to try it out…

I don’t get it. How do I look at tasting notes? I’m about 30 seconds away from deleting this thing

A lot of people will only put a star rating or nothing at all. I think the best way is to add some friends, all the guys here are a good start. Cool to see what everyone is drinking, I try to post pics for the interesting brews and a short note on everything. Once you have some friends added if you hit the bottom left button you can see a stream of what you and everyone else is drinking.