What are you BUYING?

Just made a major haul at Hi-Time:

3x 2010 Drie Fontenien Oude Gueze - 750mL
1x Fantome - Saison - 750mL
1x 2009 J.W. Lees Barleywine Lagavulin Cask - 9.3oz
1x Port Brewing - “Mongo” IPA - 22oz
1x Liefman’s - Goudenband - 750mL
1x Jolly Pumpkin - “I [heart] Saison” Saison - 750mL

So many goodies here that I’m excited to try!

Was very happy to see that Port put their Mongo in bottle – it’s my new favorite DIPA, unseating Pliny the Elder in that category. I forked over the dollars for the J.W. Lees only because I thought it would be interesting to taste side-by-side with my 2005 bottle of the same. The Fantome will be the first time I’ve had that beer, and I’ve heard only glowing reviews. Likewise, the Goudenband will be my first one of those. Finally, Hi-Time had a single bottle left of the Jolly Pumpkin (Alex at Hi-Time told me they only got 12 bottles, and that I was lucky to get this last one – score!). I’m so excited I’m nearly jumping out my underpants. [wow.gif]

Tell some folks when you are around, eh?

I had no time to comiserate today. It was a quick run to Envoyer, then a quick stop at Hi-Time. Stopping to hang-out would have been the equivalent of marital hari kari … trust me.

Bought some extreme IPA’s for some hopheads from a food board I’m visiting in the Southeast at the end of this month. Port Brewing Hop 15, Ninkasi Tricerahops, and Moylans Hopsickle. I had the Hop 15 side by side with Pliny the Elder on tap at Pacific Coast Brewing the other night. I’ve always thought the Pliny was decent, but next to the Hop 15 it tasted like I’d expect a cat’s butt to taste. Cat pee with some eucalyptus.

I had to set the Pliny aside until I was done with the Hop 15. Then after a break, I went back to it and it was more palatable without the competition. All in all, a surprising experience.

the Hop 15 is excellent, indeed. [cheers.gif]

Bought a Green Flash/Pizza Port/Stone - Highway 78 Scottish this weekend…anyone have any notes on this one?

I broke down and bought another Mikkeller/Brewdog “I Hardcore You” today — it’s just so farking delicious flirtysmile

Yesterday, I put in an order at my favorite local wine store for a six-pack of Cantillon Classic Gueuze .750s. For some reason, the Classic Gueuze (unlike the other Cantillon offerings) is difficult to find around here in .750 format. But I’m down to 3 bottles so I have to think ahead. I also order my Duchesse in .750 format, but it’s easier to find and I can get it in cases of 12 at a good price with a few days’ notice.

Now, if I could just find a well-priced source for Orval. . . .

I flirtysmile Goose Island:

Wow, Brett. Looks like some new bottles hit the market?

Just took a run through Wisconsin and loaded up on some different brews from O’So Brewing, Ale Asylum (great Tripel) and various New Glaris brews - I’d forgotten how delicious their Spotted Cow Cream ale is -

Picked up today:

another 2010 Abyss
New Belgium Freik - oak aged w cherries & rasberries
OFallon Cherry Choclate Beer
Grand Teton Pursuit of Hoppiness Imperial Red
Monks Flemish Sour
Great Divide Colette farmhouse ale
Odell Myrcenary IIPA
Santa Fe Brewing Java stout…cans

Aaah the Abyss. Deschutes limited release beers have been such a treat lately. Went to Bend and the brewery in January and drank plenty of Abyss and more than our fair share of Super Jubel. If you ever are able to get your hands on Super Jubel you will not be dissapointed. For a beer bringing that high of an abv to the plate there was no heat to be found just lure enjoyment.

Outside of deschutes I have been on a Belgian trippel kick. The Pike Brewery Monks Unkle is a flavorful enjoyable offering for under $5 a 22. Also cracked. Snoqualmie Falls Brewery trippel the other night that was a real beauty. Any suggestions of others I need to try?

A couple of 22s: Kona Longboard Lager & Moylan’s Danny’s Irish Style Red.

I’ve been lovin’ on some Saison. Most recently purchased: Brasserie Dupont Foret Organic Saison and Lost Abbey’s Carnevale. I’ve only had these two Saisons, but based on these two, they are now considered to be in my wheelhouse. YUM, YUM, de YUM. Will be fantastic for summer.

Elysian just released their Bete Blanche Tripel - just picked one up and haven’t tried it yet.

The Seattle Rock Bottom also puts out a surprisingly good tripel. Worth a visit when it’s available.

For solid domestic Saison at a good price, check out Hennepin by Ommegang Hennepin | Brewery Ommegang | BeerAdvocate

Jason

Also look at great divide collette. A slight departure from a traditional saison, but still a very good farmhouse style ale.

Yup, delicious!

Hit the jackpot yesterday! Found meself the beer I’ve been searching or since first tasting it a few months ago:

http://wineberserkers.com/viewtopic.php?p=506210#p506210

Picked up a 12 bottle case of bombers.

Also picked up 2 12 ouncers of Sam Smith Taddy Porter. First time trying them out.

[dance-clap.gif]