Next Week's Beer Focus - The Master thread for beer focus weeks

So I have started a new thread in order to help keep our focused tastings organized. I will keep a running list of the tastings done with their dates hyper-linked here for easy access.

I have adjusted the titles of each of the focus week’s threads to include “Weekly Beer Focus” for easier searching and let’s try to start each new thread with that from here forward.

1. -Brown Ales - 11/5 - 11/14
    • Next up?

[drinkers.gif]

Nice work!

Right on! Thanks, Cris!

Is this going to get stickied to the top?

Thanks, Cris! [welldone.gif] [thankyou.gif]

Another vote here for stickying this thread. [drinkers.gif]

Add pumpkin beers for week 12.

Thanks dooooods! I was going to ask if folks wanted this stickied but got lost trying to merge the thing properly into the old thread! [head-bang.gif] There are not that many stickies here anyways.

Jorge and I will try to remember to sticky the current weekly threads also.

[cheers.gif]

Any thoughts on next week? I am well stocked on Octoberfests for this week. Thanks for the schedule.

Well we haven’t exactly decided on the dates for this and how we are narrowing it down I believe.

Anyone want to talk about this? Do we start this coming weekend?

I’d vote for starting this upcoming weekend. I think having a break between weeks helps encourage wider participation, and also allows us to enjoy the occasional bottle of wine, too!

I totally agree on the breaks. I still have one more stout to drink, plus then buy some Okt’s.

Gotta drink a couple bottles of wine to cleanse the palate. [cheers.gif]

+2 on the break. I won’t have a chance to shop till next weekend anyways.

OK, so in one post Brian votes for a break while saying we should start on the weekend. neener

Start this coming weekend or the next? FWIW, I would always say lets start these on Fridays rather than Mondays or other weekdays.

I would even vote for waiting another week and starting the following Friday. I’m still drinking Stouts, but have moved on to Imperials just to prep for winter [tease.gif]

[welldone.gif] [highfive.gif]

right … as in, there is no weekly tasting focus going on this week (this week is “the break”).

Lou’s post made it sound like he thought we were starting O-fests today, rather than this weekend, to which I replied that we should take a break this week(, and start the O-fests this weekend and end the following weekend).

Yeh, I agree. I would like to start the next focus…maybe this Saturday? Is that good with all? I just didn’t want to start it today.

I’m already in thick of O-fest beers, but I’ll hold off on the post till you boys catch up [wink.gif] …just too many in the fridge idling. So far it’s far from being my favorite style so I agree some good vino and IPA’s are in order for the next few days.

Cheers,

Lou

If we are doing a Pumpkin beer focus any time soon, I would recommend anyone wanting to do it to buy a few in advance, or start writing down your notes. Many breweries seem to be getting them into and out of the market faster than usual this year. Dogfish Head has already sold out through our VA distributor. Same for Octoberfests, especially domestic ones.

OK, I’ll start a thread for OctoberFest/Marzens straddling this weekend and next since we don’t seem to be in sync on this one.

Pumpkin beers next everyone?

Is there really that many Pumpkin beers out there? I have two right now, but I also have a couple bottles of The Bruery Autumn Maple- not pumpkin, but seasonally Fall just the same. What the thinking on this?