Fitzgerald - A Good simple summer cocktail

In a cocktail shaker with ice

1 1/2 parts gin - I used bombay sapphire
1 part simple syrup - adjust accordingly for sweetnes
3/4 part fresh lemon juice - I used meyer and it makes a bif difference
2-3 shakes angostura bitters - this is important don’t leave it out.

Shake and serve in a rocks glass over ice, or up. I prefer the former.

George

Nice recommendation, George. I just made one and it’s delicious. And I completely agree about the bitters. It brings everything together with adding a bit of spice to the lemon juice and simple syrup. I used Hendrick’s gin. Cheers.

Wow, I have all of those ingredients including our own Meyer lemon tree! Will try one on Monday, the bonus day off! Thanks, George. Cheers.

Named after F Scott or his dizzy wife?

Nancy - I don’t know it’s namesake but according to Dale DeGroff he created it one night in the 90s at the Rainbow Room. It is really the bitters that make this.

If you don’t have The Essential Cocktail by Dale Degroff I highly suggest picking up a copy. I have made probably 25+ cocktails from this book. Really, really good with a lot of history.

George

First try last week, I went into the wrong cabinet and grabbed a paper wrapped bottle. Ooops…Worcestershire sauce. Much better with Angostura bitters! [cry.gif]

We do have the American Bartenders Handbook, but not The Essential Cocktail by Degroff. Will look for it.

Made round two yesterday. Nice cocktail. You do have to balance the simple syrup and Meyer lemon juice. Thanks, George!

It was in the high 70s today, so I revisited this cocktail. Yum!