Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or

I’m looking to branch out a little, saw this at the store the other day - was quite intrigued. Anyone had it? Thoughts?

#1 selling single malt here and it ain’t cheap. People act like it’s CRACK. VERY rich and perfumed.

#1 Selling… Does this mean it is the Silver Oak of single malt, or it is legitimately good/interesting/worth having?

It means I tell people asking for 18 year old Macallan (which may BE the Silver Oak of malts) to try it and they turn in to junkies for it both on taste and the fact that it is half the price. Plus, my feelings on LVMH in general are well known and I NEVER push their stuff but there’s no denying the effect of this stuff on folks.

my store sells it too. people love it once they taste it. glenmorangie started doing a line of different finished scotch. so they take the regular 10 year old, then put it in another cask for a year (or 2?)
i know htere is a sherry and port cask, but the nectar d’or is my favorite of the bunch. from d’yquem barrels. it is very rich and honeyed with some apricot fruits from the sauternes. pretty tasty and dangerously drinkable.

I don’t drink much Scotch but just had some of this and man is it sure delicious… Would this be considered spoofed scotch?

Would strongly disagree about 18 macallan, ive been drinking it for 30 years and its been a consistant quality product. I would never compare to Silver oaks, more like HSS

Its very good and worth the price.

I haven’t had it myself, friends have declared it overpriced but good.

Ummmm----spirits forum? :slight_smile:

I’m bumping an old thread, likely before the spirits forum was created.

Mods feel free to move

All scotch is spoofed.

This and the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban Port cask finish were my very first whiskies and they do indeed do a PX sherry finish whisky as well called the Lasanta I believe. They are rich, sweet and somewhat hot. Very fun and enjoyable beginner’s whiskies.

This said, I ended up graduating to 21 year old Port and Sherry cask finished whiskies (The Balvenie and Glenlivet Archive respectively) and learned the difference between a high quality cask finished whisky and a just okay whisky made more palatable by a good cask finish.

I actually find Oloroso and PX sherry and Tawny Port cask finishes to be the absolute best ones for whiskies as the flavors are quite compatible. Sauternes finishes seem to be trying to turn the whisky into something it is not altogether. If I were to buy another one, however, I would get the BenRiach 16 year old instead.

Ah—I see that now, sorry—thanks, Daniel.

silveroak is johnny walker blue label.

Yup!

I’m boycotting all Glenmonsanto products because they ruined Ardbeg.

The Macallan is a shadow of its former self.

But I’m not bitter. Much.