Simple/Refreshing Gin and Rum Recipes Needed

We’re having a BBQ on the 4th and was looking for simple recipes containing gin and/or aged rum. I was hoping for something a bit more interesting than a G&T that I could make in advance to serve as a cocktail, but that wouldn’t to be mixed to order.

Thank you.

Pissed to miss it

The “Ginpeachmint” cocktail

2 oz Gin
4 oz Tonic
1/4 oz Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 Fresh Peach
Mint to garnish

Add lime juice and 1/4 of a peach to shaker and muddle. Fill shaker with ice and add gin. Shake until ice cold. Strain into highball glass full of ice. Add tonic and garnish with remaining quarter of peach (sliced) and mint. Drink. Repeat.

Great name for a cocktail.

Aviation:
2oz Gin
3/4oz Lemon juice
1/4oz Luxardo Cherry liquor
Touch of Creme de Violette (there are better brands, but this will make the drink blue-grey)

-or to be patriotic (just saw this in Trib today)-

Gin
Creme Violette
Lime juice (not lemon)
Simple syrup
Drink should be blue, and then top with a red cherry
(they did not list proportions)

I don’t understand why abandoning your family wasn’t the preferred option.

French 75,Vesper,The Elvis, The Last Word, Corpse Reviver, Tom Collins, Bramble, Gimlet

Dark & Stormies?

and to be fair how about an:

El Presidente

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add 50ml light rum, 25ml dry vermouth, 25ml dry curacao (I like Pierre Ferrand’s) and a dash of grenadine (optional). Stir, stir, stir until very cold. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a twist if orange if desired.

Thanks…I appreciate the suggestions.

I’m not sure I’d choose all of the above for a simple BBQ, but I will check with the boss and report back.

Not Gin or Rum, but how about Pimms Cups. I like it because they taste great/refreshing and yet fairly low alcohol, so you can keep filling up on a hot day outside.

Nothing beats a G+T, the gin isn’t that important, the tonic isn’t that important, serve it all very cold.

I did a variation of a Pimms Cup last year (gin added for some kick) that was well received. That’s the basic idea – something I could have in a pitcher and not worry about.

muddled cucumber
Hendrick’s gin
Lillet Blanc
basil optional
ice
tonic

Gin wise:

Bee’s knees
The business (same as bees knees, sub lime for lemon)

You could go with a modern revival cocktail like a Last Word or an Aviation.

White Lady for Gin

Rum drink: you could do pitcher of mojitos. Rum,mint,lime,cane syrup (or super fine sugar) and seltzer. Muddle the mint in crushed ice, squeeze in some lime juice add cane syrup. Top it off with tonic or seltzer

Kind of a new thing, but find some vinegar shrubs. Rum, shrub of choice, soda. Hard to beat.
IMG_1744.JPG

Hard to go past a Dark & Stormy if you are looking for something simple to do with rum