Pseudo Sue in IL

It looks like Pseudo Sue is now available in Illinois. Has anyone tried it? Same as you’d get in Iowa?

Depends what bottle size it is. If it’s 22oz it’s brewed in iowa, if it’s cans or smaller than 22oz it’s all from Florida. The bottle/can will say where it’s from.

If it’s one of the one-off psuedo sues then they are brewed in Iowa (double dry hopped psuedo sue etc)

Tim, from my experience TG suffers from the same expansion blues that fell Alpine Beer Co. Ive had several TG beers from the source and they are very solid to excellent beers. The bottles Ive had from Florida don’t resemble the OG at all. As Charlie said, if your in doubt check the bottling code. I have heard that TG will soon begin distro of the 22oz bomber format out of the Florida facility. Bottom line, just drink the Decorah brewed beers and your good, don’t waste your money and time on any brewed in Florida.

Cheers,

Bud

Thanks for the info. I’ve been to the pub (it’s not a brewery and there’s no food – an old Pizza Hut I think) in Decorah. The beers were all excellent especially King Sue. From what I hear the beers in IL are in cans so I guess probably not from Decorah.

I think that the Psuedo Sue that comes out of Florida, and is canned is very good. Maybe a touch lighter than the Psuedo Sue on premise at the brewery, but the Citra hops still jump out of the glass - It’s my go-too session IPA -

This is hitting distro in CA now… We have some arriving tomorrow

Prior to its arrival in Chicago I had only had it once. The cans I’ve had recently are comparable to what I remember.