Malört

Are there humans who actually enjoy drinking Malört? It is the most horrific thing I have ever tasted.

Indeed

I have never tasted it, and I guess I have to do so one day.

Don’t.

We do shots of this at our block parties. Drinking it once is no big deal… The real test is coming back for more, now that you know what’s in store.

I’ll have another.

q7s16ewP1RU

I laughed until I cried !
Loved it !

Malort is the ‘courtesy sniff’ experience of alcohol. If someone has it and says, “Oh, bloody Christ, this swill is bleeding terrible. You wanna try it?”

Then, you are obliged to say, “OK, how bad could it be?”

I’m thinking of giving a shot to my kids. I doubt they’ll ever try alcohol again.

Great video.

Had some last night. Leatherbee makes a better version that is more absinthe like. Works great in a Sazerac.

Funny story. A group of six work colleagues and I were enjoying an evening out in Chicago and were enjoying several ales. Then came the bright idea to try a shot of Malort (it’s a Chicago tradition, after all). Immediately after the Malort, all inclinations to drink anything else ceased immediately and the night was over within a half hour thereafter. If you want to slow down the pace (or even bring it to a screeching halt), just slip in a shot of Malort and watch everyone go cross-eyed!!

Nick, maybe in your neighborhood, but not mine. We polish off a bottle of this at every block party. It’s definitely a macho drinking thing, which explains why all the effeminate city boys struggle with it :wink:

Good for you, I guess … Shouldn’t have much competition buying it, as everyone I know (including those that would drink just about anything) avoid this as much as possible. To each their own.

I bought a round for some guys who were saying they love it. I tried to buy a second round and I got a lot of heming and hawing. I’m pretty sure it’s just a macho thing. Nobody really likes it.

It’s now called Besk, and I do agree it is a “finer” version, but it is still Malort.

hate malort!

My neighbor is a fan, so he occasionally brings it out for the curious. I don’t like it, but I don’t find it as egregious as some do.