Willett

I love the pot still bourbon, never had the rye. Just found the 12 and 13 year old bourbons–anyone try them, expensive $300+ bottles?

whoops. wrong forum . . .

I have a bunch of bottles from 4-17yo from back when Bourbon wasn’t a ridiculously overpriced sh!tshow. They are between 2/3 and 7/8 empty from actually enjoying them over the course of the past few years. I don’t buy them anymore and drink Four Rose’s Single Barrel and just live with myself.

Yep, great Bourbon producer. I visited them on my last trip to the Kentucky. Some of the older ones, with 17-24 years of age and either barrel strength or close to barrel strength are some of the best Bourbons I’ve had. But they are crazy pricey now and I would not reload. 1999 DRC ‘Grands Echezeaux’ pricey!

The 12yr that I have is one of the best bourbons in my collection. Enjoy

What’s really interesting is all the stuff they are famous for they didn’t actual produce. From early 80s to 2012 they just purchased barrels from other distilleries and bottled. Kinda similar to pappy van winkle. The most expensive stuff are private store/bar picks from certain select barrels. Basically a bunch of single barrels bottled.

If I remember (or remind me), I’ll bring a little for you to try next time we hang out. Like Peter said, they get up to four digits easily for certain ones. There’s an excel sheet out there with details on almost every single bottled willett pre distillery

I have an 11 and 12 year that are 2 of my go to daily drinkers. Great juice.