Summer sipping beers

During the dog days of summer I usually keep lighter beers on hand for sitting by the pool or after yard work. For really hot days when I haven’t had enough water, I will have a Miller Light after cutting the grass or a bike ride. It is kind of like water so it works. My by the pool beer is usually Bells Oberon. Nice and light but it hits the spot. Occasionally I will go with Goose Island 312 wheat beer. I need to find some other lighter weight beers to sub in from time to time.

What do you drink on a hot day?

Elevation Brewing 8 Second Kolsch. Great Divide Collette.

A Radler, such as Steigl.

Alcohol free beer???

NEIN!!!

Almost all of them taste bad, but that one is deelish.

Just had one. Lecker!

The Collette sounds tasty but at 7.3% ABV it might be a bit high for what I am looking for. I will try it though. The Elevation may be more in line with what I want, though I am not sure we can get it here.

Schofferhofer Grapefruit

That is GOOD. Didn’t think I’d like it but…

I’ve been buying a lot of “session” beers the last couple of years. But one I really liked was Allagash Saison, which is actually 6.1% abv. but it doesn’t taste like it.

Gotcha. How about this one at 5.6%. It is a white ale.
image.jpeg

I picked up the Collette and it is very good; as mentioned above it may not qualify for the grass cutting beer but it will find another place in my rotation. I picked up some White Racal to try this week.

I have located the Stiegl locally too so will have to pick some up. The Schoffenhofer is ‘out of stock’ right now and no telling when it will be back in.

Had my first Firestone Walker Pivo this weekend and it is a great summer beer.
Bell’s Quinannan Falls Lager - not so much. OK, but I enjoyed the Pivo much more.

Carton Boat

Today it will be St Archer Pale Ale and Pizza Port Pick Six.

J

I’ve been drinking Kulmbacher Pils and Bluebird Bitter. Rothaus Tannen Zapfle Pils is great too. Yum.

Bells Oarsman Ale is a great (and, at less than 4%abv, quaffable) summer drinker.

I love the oarsman.

I need to try the Oarsman, I picked up some Oatsmobile Friday and did not particularly care for it.

The Colette is now my wife’s favorite easy drinking beer so I wil need to get more. Thanks for the recommendation Michael.

You’re welcome, it is one of mine as well.
Quick story, a friend came out to visit from DC. He and his wife hit craft brew houses all over the state of Colorado. Their favorite of all the dozens of beers they tried: Great Divide Colette.

+1, but so damn crushable its hard to just “sip” it…