Estimate on when 23YO Van Winkle runs out?

So I am wondering- approximately what year/release will the 23YO of Van Winkle be done? Ballpark would be fine, so are we talking 2020, 2025, 2030 or beyond? Just wondering. [thankyou.gif]

IIRC, 2015 was the end. Stitzel-weller closed in 1992. Anything after 2015 is made by Buffalo Trace ‘in the style of’…

Thanks Chuck.

Always thought the last year of SW 20 was 2011 and 23 was 2014.

Thanks Eric for the details. I have searched internet and spoken with friends in the trade/collectors and seems the dates are, for the most part, all over the place.

I remember (conflicting) reports back in 2012 saying that they were starting to blend in Buffalo Trace whiskey that year - see http://whiskyadvocate.com/2012/06/11/whats-in-that-bottle-of-van-winkle-anyway/ and Sku's Recent Eats: Preston Van Winkle: Everything in Pappy 20 and 23 is Stitzel-Weller - so it’s likely there hasn’t been a pure 100% “Stitzel Weller” 23 yo for a few years now (even before that it was rumored that some Bernheim whiskey made its way in there). But there will continue to be Pappy 23. It doesn’t “run out” since it is now aged stock from Buffalo Trace production.

Brad- thanks for the info (and links).

This is another good link → 2013 Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Could Be Last Of Its Kind | WhiskyCast

I picked up a bottle of the 2012 or 2013 (don’t recall which) 23 year when my twin boys were born, so recall doing some reading after spending $350 on a bottle of bourbon. I’ve since wondered if I should just sell it for their college fund, instead :smiley: