Draft Beer glasses

In selecting glassware for a new restaurant, I was thinking of not offering pint glasses. We will have 6 handles that will all be craft/imports. No Bud or Lite on draft. My idea was to limit the serving to 12 oz and of course price appropriately. I like to sample a few beers when I’m out and find the pint just a bit too much. My question is this a cardinal sin in the beer community ? Will I be vilified ? Burnt at the stake ? Forced to to see if I’d float in the lake ?

Your input is much appreciated.

Pints for lower abv stuff and tulips for everything else is standard around here.

If you are indeed pricing accordingly for the lesser ounces on a lower abv brew, then the “nicer” looking glassware will be well received.

I’m not a fan of the pint glass in the sense that it just looks like a water glass (albeit with some brewery logo). Joe got the tulip (or snifter) part right for the darker/roasty/sweeter beers. I’d do a Teku glass for the saisons/IPAs.

If “priced accordingly,” then the beer geeks will love you for this.

Anything to get away from the horrible shaker pint glass filled to the absolute brim. We use a 16oz glass (something like this) that we use for a 400ml (~13.6oz) pour. This seems to work pretty well, although 12oz would probably allow for a better head.

We were considering this as an all purpose glass. We’ll have a 4-tap kegerator…euro lager, a lite beer or American macro, an ipa and something seasonal/local.

https://retail.libbey.com/product/4-pc-craft-brew-classic-pilsner-set/

These are kinda interesting. (And the price is right)…

https://retail.libbey.com/product/craft-beer-glass/

Thanks for the feedback so far. We are using all SZ for now. Found some very cool drink and cordial glasses. Including using a whiskey “nosing” glass for cognac and other high end brandy.

The only thing I’ve not selected yet is my beer glasses. I want to have a meeting with the beer people first to figure out what I need.

Chris I like those.

Libbey tulips are the standard around here, but have been to a few places that are brave enough to serve in Teku. I prefer the Stolzle tulip at home, but I imagine they are a couple bucks more than Libbey.

This is a copout answer:

Sierra Nevada has a pub/bistro here with cool shaped glasses of different sizes.

I would hit their list and use whatever they use for a given size. Seems to work great.

Well that’s why I’m here. I want to know how important the glassware is.

Medium to medium-well.

I think nice glass ware is important for good feel, plus you can put labels on and maybe sell them, too!

Check this link.

Lovely line up.

IPA Glass

Curved Pint (if you want.)

Hefe glass

.4 liter tall

Luettich balloon (I think 9 ouncer?)

Small Hefe

5 oz. tasters.

Thanks for the feedback.

The Sierra Luettich is my favorite glass out there