A little lame rant

I have a friend (well, FB friend) who works for the BMC complex. She does marketing/product management, and will frequently come into contact with a lot of beer. She’ll put pictures on FB with, say, a trunk full of cases of beer, or today, literally 20 cases of beer stacked up in her apartment. She’ll say something like “OMG what am I going to do with all this beer” or “Thanks XYX for helping me with all this beer” (she does frequently give it away). People will comment “That’s awesome I want some”, “Where’s my beer haha” etc. It is just an overwhelming temptation for me to comment “Not Pictured: Beer” or or (with quotes) “Beer”. In the interest of FB civility I decline and instead make you all suffer through my rant. Thank you for your time and attention.

If your day is a little bit better because of it, then cool.

i r confuze

I want to imply the crap she’s peddling is not actually beer.

I don’t get it.

Oh wait, so the beer she has is not beer you like?

If she makes you that crazy, you may want to marry her.

Did people miss the “BMC complex” part of my note? The beer in the photos is universally cases of cans of Busch Light, Coors Light, etc.

You do realize you can just click a button or two and you’ll stop seeing her posts, right?

Other alternative – sarcasm. Tell her how much you love her beer and how she’s so lucky. Sample comment “4 cases of the Silver Bullet? Somebody’s going to have a killer weekend!”

Or, “4 cases of Silver Bullet? You better invite some frat boys.”

Yes of course I know that, but for me roughly 50% of the enjoyment of FB is being annoyed by other people’s stupid posts. Plus my annoyance here is not really the post itself - 98% of stuff on FB is utter crap. I’m annoyed that I’m self-censoring my otherwise biting and witty commentary that the world so justly deserves. I understand that this makes no sense.

A sarcastic laudatory post would not translate at all on FB - it would only go towards the ego inflation she’s already looking for.

Ahh, didn’t know what BMC meant. Yes, it’s crazy how many people just LOOOOVE crappy beer. I have a Facebook friend who likes to post his excitement when he gets his hands on a Bud Light.

Let me get this straight…you get enjoyment from being miserable?

Funny, you don’t look Jewish.

I get super excited to have my hands on a Bud Light after a hockey game. Much better than Gatorade.

LOL

Here’s the latest. This currently has 32 likes and 18 laudatory comment. Meanwhile I get a headache and bad taste in my mouth just looking at it.
beersquestionmark.jpg

She’s got Icehouse and Hamm’s and you’re complaining why exactly?

Haters gonna hate.

Matt,

Next time, post this one in the comments:

Or

Yeh, Icehouse is righteous stuff, and so is the hangover from it. [drinkers.gif]