Good Bye Nelson

I stopped in Alpine Beer Co. today while in SD on biz, they just released another in the Singled Out Series that features 100% Citra, from my small taster it was amazing, I will post a TN tomorrow. While in the new tasting room Pat and Viv came in, we said Hi to each other and Pat asked what I thought of the new Singled Out with Citra, he made a point to tell me that the new bottles of Nelson were exceptionally good so I grabbed a few, he came up and said enjoy these, this is the last batch of Nelson we are doing. Its pretty much due to the fact that Pats one and only long time Nelson Sauvign supplier has sold the farm in NZ and its being developed. I asked if he would consider another supplier and he said that he and Shawn had actually looked at other hop farms in NZ but they didn’t measure up. At its peak fresh Nelson was and probably still is the most iconic IPA I have ever drank, the nose, the hazy orange color, and that amazing juicy tropical flavor profile, there just wasn’t anything like it back in the day, the one in my glass is indeed delicious but like George Harrison said, All Things Must Pass. If you want one more taste of a legendary beer this last batch is not to shabby at all,its actually the closest to the OP that I have had since the merger and something tells me it was made up on the hill.

Cheers,

Bud

unfortunate. I have a friend going up on saturday. Gonna have him fill me up on some citra and grab nelson btls.

Sound idea, the nose on the Citra Singled Out is intoxifying, looking forward to having a full pour tomorrow, BTW, they still had EXPO bottles ! 4 bottle limit, I have never seen that.

Cheers,

Bud

Interesting. I would think GF might make a different decision, and get a new hop supplier.
Can Alpine veto if that happens?

I’m sure that is between Mike and Pat, and knowing Pat, well……………

Cheers,

Bud

GREEN FLASH NELSON , I see it already