Liquor cabinet suggestions

I am acquiring too many different spirits to just take up a couple kitchen cabinets. I turned my study into a wine room with 2 five hundred bottle wine cabinets. I started shopping for a bar cabinet for the liquor bottles but just about every one is half wine rack which I have no desire for. I just want easy access to bourbon and Scotch when company comes. Any suggestions?

Maybe check craigslist for a 2nd hand china cabinet or corner unit with glass doors and shelves… ethan allen or similar. Probably can get a cherry one for a few hundred bucks with a little searching/waiting.

I had mine custom made by a local carpenter so that I could dictate precisely what I wanted in terms of size, materials, organization, etc. I needed a place to store glassware in addition to bar tools and bottles and such. The top half is racking for stems and the “bar” with a tray and bottles/decanters. The bottom half contains pull-out drawers that hold a few dozen more liquor bottles, drawers for books and tools, and a slide-out tray for my humidor. Photos can be seen at this link (with one pasted below). In researching cabinets before designing mine, I spent a lot of time looking at the chain furniture stores like Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel and West Elm. Each of them had some things I liked and some I didn’t need, as you may be finding, but there are some nice cabinets that may work for you if you search enough. Good luck!

Looks awesome Scott!

Mont, how about a bar cart? I always liked the reto look of a nice cart.

Thanks Scott. I might have a carpenter repurpose the Pennsylvania House entertainment unit that is gathering dust in the basement. I have too many bottles for a cart. Commercial ones are mostly half wine and half liquor which I have no use for.