Beer in San Francisco

My son will be visiting San Francisco next week and is interested in visiting some beer bars. I would be grateful for any recommendations.

Zeitgeist, Noc Noc, Mama Ji’s for off-the-beaten-path bars with solid beer programs.

Trappist in Oakland worth the BART ride.

Mikkeller Bar.

Toronado on Haight was an early icon, but it’s been 10+ years since I was there so I don’t know if it still has the same reputation. Your opinion on hippies may need to be accounted for as well… [gen_fro.gif]

Monk’s Kettle
The Trappist
City Beer Store
Zeitgeist
La Trappe Cafe

Toronado and the Trappist, can’t go wrong with either, and like Glenn said, The Trappist is well worth the 20 minute BART trip, leave the driving to someone else [cheers.gif]

Cheers,

Bud

Cellarmaker.

A brewery, but a must visit.

I’ve basically stopped drinking beer, but Cellarmaker is a must.

Thank you guys.

I’d have Toronado at the top of my list (Jonathan: encourage your son to try some Russian River Brewing Co. - amazing beers and impossible to find outside the States) followed by City Beer Store and Cellarmaker, which are only a few blocks apart.

Dave, thank you. Message duly passed on thanks to WhatsUp.

I’m not sure how up to date it is but most of the info here should still be accurate … http://beerbybart.com/

Big +1 for Toronado and Mikkeller. Note - Toronado is cash only.

That is pretty cool. [berserker.gif]

Paul, I should have thanked you before. I have sent this to Alex; it looked really useful.