Noble Ale Works Anaheim Ca.

As we anxiously watch the changing of the guard at one beloved craft house I am thoroughly enjoying the meteoric rise of one of my all time favorite small scale craft house’s that have have been brought back to life by a very talented brew master in Evan Price and a very aggressive program of super premium beers across a wide range of styles. Price started to gain regional prominence when he started creating amazing recipes at Taps Fish House in Brea. His IPAs and spot on replications of other styles began to draw the neck beard crowd in droves. He was offered the brew master position at then fledgling Noble Ale Works who had a pretty decent IPA with Big Whig and the periodic Citra centric Nobility. Price came in and with new CEO Brian Rauso built a very talented team that blew folks away when just in their first year together took gold at the 2013 LABF with their amazing Tongue Tickles DIPA, fans lined up at the tiny brewery in a commercial industrial park in Anaheim for its first bottle release. I sent a bottle to Chris Steltz @ BeerGeek Nation.com who called it maybe the best west coast DIPA he had ever had. The Shower Series followed soon and along with their other sought out brews like their coffee infused milk stout Naughty Sauce, the game was on. They released Galaxy Showers this week for the second time, the last being September 2014, I place it side by side with their Citra Showers and Nelson Showers as possibly the best west coast DIPAs being brewed. The amount and style’s these guys are cranking out covers the entire spectrum and each beer is fanatically hand crafted. Noble Ale Works won silver at GABF for their Nose Candy session IPA, their first of what I think will be many more.

Highly recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Searching for the new Alpine? :wink:

I’ve been wanting to try Nelson and Galaxy Showers, as well as Tongue Tickles for a while now.

John, shoot me a PM.

John, I’m always looking for the “new” anything ! champagne.gif

Cheers,

Bud

sorta off topic, but what are the characteristics of Galaxy hops?

you still haven’t gone to HPB yet bud!

Tropical fruits,melon and peach.

Cheers,

Bud

Yes, I have had their beers Charlie, I like them a lot.

Cheers,

Bud

Their beers were really lame when they first appeared. Were they in 750s? Awful packaging to match the gross overblown beers. Glad they reinvented themselves.

J

Re-invented themselves is an understatement Jason. These guys are really hitting their stride with everything they are brewing. I never recalled 750s, only 22oz formats, but I do agree that the packaging was horrible. I really like their new branding initiative and the beers aint bad either !

Cheers,

Bud

Yeah. They did a great job. A combo of the the packaging and this thread got me to re-visit.

St Archer was a bit in the same boat for me although they have not reached the level of Noble. Me and a buddy went to Provisions in Orange one night only to find it was a tap take over by St. Archer. I sighed and mentioned to my friend how the beers were mediocre at best and said we should head somewhere else. I didn’t realize the St Archer guy was standing next to me [wow.gif] He jumped in and said they had a new brewer who got them new hops and they changed some recipes. I tasted them again and yep, these were now very solid beers. Their Pale Ale is a staple at the house.

Jason

Jason, I sure hope you got to taste the new Galaxy Showers, it may be the best of the Shower series to date, and yes I mean over Nelson and Citra. Absolutely a stunning double, so soft and juicy and there is no way you can detect the 8.8%. I just sent some back east to my Trillium OH TO connect, can’t wait to see his take on this as it is very much in that new england east coast style, lots of ripe juicy fruits, very little bitterness and crushable even at 8.8%.

RE: Saint Archer. I think this latest batch of the DIPA may be the best they have ever done, so juicy and fresh, I also love their Pale Ale when I get it fresh.

Cheers,

Bud

I might Noble tomorrow.

It’s funny, I put St. Archer in the same category as Modern Times… Lotso hype, but no delivery. The beers are all mediocre, and nothing reaches epic heights, for me.

Want to check out Noble, but no time to go to the OC, do they bottle the showers series?

Howard

they do.

I feel the same was about noble as many other west coast IPA centric breweries. All da hops, none of the tasty. [snort.gif]

Interesting to see the comments re: St. Archer. I love their IPA, DIPA, and Mosaic IPA. I just hope their recipes don’t change now that they’ve been bought by Big Beer.

Same brew master and team, just more resources $$$$$. The latest release of the DIPA is the best they have done and like you I love the Mosaic.

Cheers,

Bud

I just don’t get the hype for Modern Times, I’ve tried but I have never had anything from them that I would purchase again.

Cheers,

Bud