Logsdon sold

With the head brewer gone and Dave Logsdon’s long-term involvement uncertain, I’m not terribly optimistic about the future of the brewery. I hope my concerns are unfounded, but in the meantime will be stocking up on bottles currently in the marketplace.

http://www.newschoolbeer.com/2015/07/logsdon-farmhouse-ales-sold-to-new-uptown-market-llc.html

When we were in Hood River in April their town tasting room was just a few weeks from opening but while there last weekend the word was later this month.

Be very curious to taste what Chuck does next.

Agreed. I thought he released beer of his own earlier this year.

Will be in HR for the Fresh Hops fest in September, and will definitely visit the new tap room to see how the beers are holding up post-sale. I really miss the ability to drink at the farmhouse and stare at Mt Hood…

We have a rezzie for that weekend as well.

We only visited the farmhouse once but I’m so glad we did.

Was there last week but the tap room is still not open. David said “maybe” the end of July.

J

On another Hood River note we noticed the food @ pFriem has taken a solid step backwards from last year. Beer still fantastic.

That is too bad. I ate there last Friday. I got the burger and it was really good. But the fries were awful. I wasn’t very hungry so I didn’t bother to send them back.

Jason

time to stock up on that peche 'n brett

+1 - it’s a great visit and they even have the kids’ corner, which made my visit infinitely better.

Hope Logsdon holds out; it was a great find for us.

When was it not time to stock up?

I never saw a bottle in NorCal.

Only ever had one bottle of peche 'n brett. It a great beer, despite the weird combo.

Btw had a thoroughly uninspiring seizon bretta yesterday. Maybe just too young as it was a fresh batch.

I visited the new tap room in Hood River last weekend. I drank through most of the beers on tap and did not notice any quality difference. Also enjoyed the new Szech n Brett.

Was fortunate to grab 2 bottles of Peche n Brett, but was bummed they did not yet have the Fresh Hop Seizoen for sale as those bottles are impossible to find in Seattle. Drank my fill at the HR Fresh Hop Fest and it is awesome.

So bummed we didn’t get up there last weekend. Bier Stein in Eugene has 2012 bottles for almost $25. Yikes.

I was looking at the Cleveland beer week schedule and these guys are having a satellite pub here. Interesting in that I’ve never seen a bottle or keg ever here to this point, maybe they are expanding (yet the good stuff seems in limited supply at the source)?

Robert,

Definitely seek them out if you can.

Their distribution hit NY earlier this year. You can find most of their beers here fairly easily, with exception of Peche n Brett, that one is a myth as far as I am concerned. Over the summer I also saw it hit MA, so it sounds like they might be slowly expanding by a state-by-state basis. I love their beers and am trying to age some of the brett treated bottles.