Hair of the Dog Adam

Not much hair of the dog chatter here…

Drinking an Adam batch 68 tonight, brewed in 2006. Very malty, slightly sweet. Some raisin, some brown sugar.

Very good, amazing that it’s hanging on nine years later.

Any fans?

Michael

Yes, though less so than I used to be. I first tried it almost 20 years ago when I was living in Portland for a college internship. Coming from the world of 3% beer (Genesee, Milwaukee’s Best, PBR, etc) it blew my mind. I probably still have some single digit batch bottles around, some “from the wood”, and some magnums. I do still enjoy it occasionally, though have had some carbonation issues with recent batches, and have a whole lot more choice in heavy, high %, complex beers these days.

The choice thing is very true; this is a bottle that has been buried in my cellar for many years. It seems that with beer, as with wine, people frequently chase the new hotness, ignoring the old guard. I have a pretty good vertical of Doggie Claws, perhaps I’ll dig in to that soon.

Michael

I have a few old HOTD beers in my cellar as well. I’m a big fan although with so many options nowadays I don’t buy them as often. The Blue Dot is a solid DIPA when fresh.