More shake out at Alpine ?

I like the weekly updates from Alpine via their FB and homepage that lets you know what is available in bottles and for growler fills at the brewery, it lets you decide whether or not its worth the hike up the hill. I believe Steve was responsible for the social media updates and when I was in today I learned that he is no longer with Alpine. Steve was the first non family employee hired by Alpine and its longest tenured employee. Steve was a staple in the brewery and like myself and many other long time customers of Alpine we all have an interesting story or two regarding his unique approach to controlling the tasting room/ brewery. I don’t know what happened but I assume it probably had to somehow be linked to the GF takeover. If anyone is interested the big three IPAs are all available in bottles and growler fills and they have fresh batches of San Diego Surprise IPA and Hoppy Birthday for growler fills. Nelson was bottled Monday and is incredible as always.

Cheers,

Bud

would explain the lack of FB updates

I just hope that somebody has the presence to resurrect the FB updates. I had read a post a few weeks ago on their FB page from a very upset customer that mentioned Steve, actually is said something along the lines of " we knew it was bound to happen " and then calling out Pat for selling out, probably a local with insight into what happened, I can tell you that he will not be welcomed back with open arms, probably has been banned for life [wow.gif]

Cheers,

Bud

I better start making more regular treks up the mountain before things go even more south. I fear the precious nectar that is Nelson will become a distant heartbreaking memory at the rate these guys are going. Will definitely call ahead to make sure they are dispensing the real thing rather than the drek Green Flash is putting out. Sad times if the current trend continues.