My taste so far

Many of you helped me find a place to start my beer journey. I have been going to craft, off and on for a few months now.

I have tried maybe 20 beers, and I (on purpose) dont write them down, so I can keep trying new ones, and not go back for seconds. After this amount of time I have found that I truly enjoy sour beer, especially the blood orange ones or citrus ones, and also like the Belgium beers, the ones that come in the little 7 oz brown bottles and are higher alc than normal beers…dont really have a favorite of those, but keep trying them and more or less like them all. I found I dont really like the very hoppy beers, and dont really like the dark beers, yet I really like guiness…go figure.

I just seem to like my beer on the light, refreshing, and citrus side.

Knowing this, are there any I should seek out?

anderson valley blood orange gose should be easy to find in cans around you. I prefer the regular version over the blood orange but maybe try em both.

I am assuming you had a nitro version of Guiness so you might look for any domestic craft nitro stouts like this one Milk Stout Nitro | Left Hand Brewing Company | BeerAdvocate

I need to think about the citrus thing. Mainly coming up with hoppy beers at the moment.

Light and refreshing but with higher abvs, I love Unibroue’s La Fin du Mond http://www.unibroue.com/en/beers/15 and North Coast’s PraQster http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beer-Pranqster.htm. I would assume both of those would be easy to find.

As far as dark Belgians, you probably already had this, but if not, get it. I think it is quite simply, the best beer in the world. At least that you can easily buy. Rochefort 10 Trappistes Rochefort 10 | Brasserie de Rochefort | BeerAdvocate I prefer it with at least a year of age but it can go longer.

Write down what you are drinking! We are curious about the actual beers you are liking.

Cheers,

Jason

I could send you a box of beers with your OP here in mind as payment for the shaving stuff you sent me … if you’re interested.

Didn’t you say it tasted like vomit? :astonished:

he said he wanted blood orange sour and i’m almost 100% sure he drank that seeing his locale.

When referring to the strong Belgians, you might want to at least keep tabs on whether the beer is a Dubbel, Tripel, or Quadrupel. These are fairly distinctive styles, so you may decided you like or dislike one of those styles.

Personally, I love the Tripel and Quad, and am hit or miss on the Dubbels.

I have tasted through now maybe 100 beers. I know this isnt much to some of you, but its been fun and I want to keep going. I like hitting the local beer pub with 50 beers on tap and just trying 4 oz samplers.

I probably have tried 20 different lambics now and only found one I did not really care for.

Its fun. I am even trying a few hoppy beers (still under 60 ibu).

One thing for sure, I HATE smoky beers.