Laphroig 18

I noticed this at my local store the other day. It seems pretty reasonable at about 65 bucks. I love the Laphroig 10 and 10 cask strength. Does anyone have any experience with the 18?

It’s yummy. Doubly so at that price.

Absolutely. If you like the 10 you will love 18.

Very good, especially at that price. Not as pungent as the 10, I think of it as a more mature Laphroaig with the edges sanded off. Go for it.

It was about $73 all in but I managed to buy the last bottle (usually a good sign). I’ll report back after I have a chance to taste it.

you will not be disappointed- on that i am certain.

I have been dipping into the bottle fairly regularly as it really fantastic stuff. It has the same DNA as the Laphroig 10 but the depth and richness are noticeably greater. It is a touch mellower and not as peaty but with new notes and additional complexity absent in the 10. As I mentioned before it has a richness that is akin to a good dessert. Great stuff.

The 10 is a nice go-to, or daily, scotch. I’ve had the 18 before, but so long ago I couldn’t provide any memories, other than it was good. Continue to enjoy your bottle.

Amazing stuff. Stock up as it is going away at the end of 2016. Laphroig has not yet announced what bottling will take it’s place, but I will miss this stuff. The pricing is great too (wish it were $65 here).

I’m actually into my second bottle as it’s become my daily. For $73, it’s a bit more than a usually spend in that category but it’s so darn good and life is short. I will try to stock up. However, both times I purchased I got the last one on the shelf. It seems that either supply is short or the secret is out. Thanks to all who coaxed me down this path.