Dark Lord Day

Any berserkers attending dark lord day? ill be visiting chicago and attending dark lord day next week. bringing some RR sours and other offerings.

How was it? Looked like it was a bit wet!

My nephew was there and dropped his 4 DLs in the parking lot but did not drop the variant he won.
sure was raining for most of the morning and mid-day…

Did they replace the 4 he dropped? Did that once with a 6-pack of bud light and liquor store gladly replaced!

he was outside the gates so no replacement on Saturday. he is ITB so there is a chance maybe…

Anyone here going this year? I got tix in group A.

Anyone want to buy a bunch of old DL? I have 2009 → present.

I’ll be going to DLD, Group D. 3 years and counting…

I am going this year.

I had a good time at the festival today despite the rain. I sold my variant bottle on the spot for the price admission without any hesitation. Even though I’m not a death metal guy I kind of enjoyed some of the music. My buddy was the first guy to get denied a bottle of hot sauce so I guess that was the only real negative on the day. Very fun/interesting experience…

When I saw the title to this thread, my first thought was that Voldemort the winemaker, my least favorite person in the wine business, was having a release day. Then I realized what this was about. As Emily Litella would say, “Nevermind.”

Carry on, Dark Lords . . .

Yea, me too, except I still don’t know what they are talking about. newhere

HAHA! Dark Lord is a hard to get beer from Three Floyds brewery.

I’ve been a few times. I’m not a death metal guy either but the shows were always fun. I ended up meeting one of the bands while having some beers near the stage and the bassist(?) was the owner at Surly brewing. They apparently love playing DLD. It was always a fun time there. That said, I am trying to find a variant or two to keep the verticals going.

People were going crazy for the variants. Lots of guys right outside the bottle pickup area with wads of hundred dollar bills. The going rate for the marshmallow variant was $300.

Wow, that’s actually cheap compared to where I am seeing offerings!!! I’m seeing $400 at the cheapest, with some into the $500 range. It’ll probably settle down after the hype dies down a bit and the flippers outnumber the consumers. Or so I hope…

Where do you see this?

Some were on Mybeercollectibles.com and some on Craiglist.

Beer prices look crazy on that site - Fremont KDS at $50/bottle? Abyss at $35-$50? Peche N Brett for $80? Abraxas at $120?!?!?!?

Only one I can find that I thought was high-priced, but reasonable was the FW Parabajava at $75.

The amount of quality beers shared on Saturday was unbelievable. I kept stepping over empty Cantillion, Russian River, HT, older Dark Lord bottles. I keep seeing Abraxas mentioned here. I was turning down pours of it on our shuttle ride.

I opened a bottle of Allagash Red from 2012. That beer was really amazing. Also opened a Supplication from 2012 which was equally good. Never even got a chance to open the bottle of Cantillion I brought.