Sour beer offline May 20th (IN LA) 7PM AT ELITE

Hey all,

I’ve gotten a few messages in regards to getting together and cracking open some yum yum sours. May 20th.
I’d say the requirement is bring two sours a person if they aren’t 750ML. If it’s 750, just bring one… unless you’re feeling generous :wink:.

Food wise I say we meet at Elite in East LA, centrally located from OC/West LA/LBC etc. Chinese food will go pretty well with the beer. Roughly 7pm

\

1. Charlie: Alpine Kiwi Herman & Side Project blanc de blanc (if i get it in time, if not… something from SARA)
  2. Todd: New glarius fruited sours
  3. Fred: Jester King + Rare Barrel fruited sour (Ensorcelled)
  4. Kevin: Jester King Nocturn Chrysalis 2014, SARA Farmhouse Noir 2015, and Upland Vinosynth Red 2015
  5. Eric: crooked stave: Nightmare on Brett (Whiskey Barrel Aged) & Petite Sour (Aged in Oak w/ Hibiscus & Cinnamon)
  6. Dustin: Lost Abbey DuckDuckG +V013
  7. Joel:
  8. Joel +1:
  9. Joe: De Garde The Lucy + cantillon fou foune
    10: Peter: Drie Fonteinen Hommage + Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueze
    11: Theo
  10. rob: SITR PEACHES, Befuddlement
  11. Wilbur: wanderer + ??
  12. francine : BDDL

I’ll cross post this with beers and spirits

19th & 20th work best for me.

I’m in pending the date. I have so many beers that need drinking.

why don’t you make a suggestion for a date where you aren’t pending ;p

I see this post. The Friday (22nd) is the most-likely convenient date for me, but I could swing the 21st or 20th, depending on how the work calendar is looking. Plus, still need to check with The Boss about all this — she might even want to join!

and, Yeah, Chinese food would be awesome with sours. [thumbs-up.gif]

I’m in, should be flexible, it’s a bit of a trek for me but I got beers that need sharing!

If we get the date set and enough people confirmed we should start posting lists of what each can bring so we can work that out.

If there are people out there who want to attend but don’t have the largest beer cellars, I’m sure there are enough of us with extras where we can work something out.

Ashley seemed interested in attending, too, when I mentioned this to her. At the very least, I should be able to swing the 22nd; 19th is a definite No for me. 20 and 21 are both Maybes.

Can only do the 22nd. 6AM work days take the others out of contention.

I could do 20 or 21, and can bring some of the New Glarus fruits

looks like we are trending for the 20th (sorry mike!). I think that’ll be the date.

MAY 20th!

Please confirm if you can make the 20th and I’ll start the list and make the res once we finalize people

I’m in - what the heck.

Time?

oops. I’d say anywhere from 6:30-7pm. Time is flexible. THey’ll have space for us regardless

I’ll be a game-time decision, if that’s allowed.

I’m in. Thinking Duck Duck Gooze and Veritas 013, though the Modern Times fruited sours are tempting also. Should be great, can’t wait.

ALLOWED SIR

very nice. never had DDG. I’ll pop an Alpine Kiwi Herman fosho and i’ll see what else.

I’d love to bring up some brews to share. The only problem is that it’s on the heals of our week long California Wine Masters Cystic Fibrosis marathon, let me see how my liver enzymes test out !

Cheers,

Bud

I’ll have see if I can get a ride. But I do have DDG as well as 3 Font, Hommage and some other goodies. Assuming they last another month.
Cantonese food with sours sounds like a perfect match.

Peter, if you can make it DT, you can hitch a ride with me. I remember you mentioned previously that you can take the train DT, so happy to have you hop on board.