why do breweries have the worst customer service?

So i’m a member of the Rare Barrel club. I placed an order for the newest release and asked them to ship all my other beers at the same time (6 other beers)

Just picked up my package. I asked for 4 ensorcelled, 4 wise guise and 2 tiger lilly to be shipped when I placed the order for the ensorcelled. I put in the order numbers into the shipping box of the prior orders to notify them of it.

I get my package today and there are only 4 ensorcelled. With it a handwritten paragraph note which boils down to “you did not request the shipping of the other 6 bottles correctly so we didn’t ship them”

So instead of a simple email to me in regards to the need to correct it and getting it all shipped together… now I have to double ship and pay the extra shipping cost. I paid a magical $18 for 4 bottles to be shipped. It took them time to write the note, it’ll take them time to put together another shipment and it’ll cost me money for another shipment… when it could have all been resolved with a simple email or just putting my beer into the box since you know exactly what I wanted.

Just mind boggling. They aren’t the only brewery with no idea how to run a business.

Because they get away with it and the flocks will swarm back again for the newly anointed must have.

Cheers,

Bud

Bend over Rover or find another beer to buy.

Unicorn/Whalez culture, brah.

That really sucks Charlie.

Just did the same thing with Rare Barrel although shipped some different beers, 2 tiger lily, 4 wise guise, 4 shadows, 2 soliloquy, I think. Did not have any problems although it was annoying having to go back into the order history to find the right numbers. Definitely not the easiest or smoothest process.

Don’t know why they didn’t hold the shipment when they saw the past orders numbers. Poor execution for sure. I would suggest contacting them, hopefully they make it right with a shipping credit.

As for why the others weren’t shipped, I know you have to add the “ship additional bottles” product to your cart so the shipping cost calculates and is charged correctly. Also they do not split orders so you have to ship all the bottles in a specific order. Not making excuses for them just suggesting reasons why it didn’t work. They definitely should have contacted you with any issues before shipping the order when they saw your request to ship additional bottles.

Anyway I have only tried Wise Guise so far, very good, big raspberry aroma with a balanced style, funky, sour, malty, but nothing sticking out. Quite a contrast to the more acetic sours you get from places like The Bruery and Cascade. Think I’m going to try the Tiger Lily this weekend.

Seems like they should be having an Ambassador only release soon no? I think Soliloquy has been the only one so far.

Give this man a Cigar…City DB Huhnapu that is!

You need to leave them a scathing 1* Yelp review before posting here. Don’t you know the drill yet?

Seriously though I would write them a note back informing them that since they didn’t “correctly” handle a customer service issue that you are no longer a customer and you will share your story with all tour close friends. The only thing that ultimately means anything to a business is losing customers and if it doesn’t mean anything to them than they don’t deserve any customers. Continuing on with them sends the message that they can do whatever they want without repercussion.

I understand what I did incorrectly. It’s just confusing how they knew I did it wrong, acknowledged I did not it wrong and didn’t contact me. Dummies.

I think an ambassador release is due soon, it’s been three months.

Have you tried the soliloquy yet? Insanely good sour

Unfortunately beer memberships are paid a year in advance for a certain amount of beer

Not sure how Maison ilan has anything to do with this.

Yep, someone asleep at the wheel in the shipping department.

Have not tried soliloquy yet, will do so soon. Have been overwelmed with sours lately, Crooked Stave reserves last couple weeks (thanks Brad!), also have De Garde lined up, now these Rare Barrels…when am I going to find time to drink all these?

Mo sours mo problems. [cry.gif]

Need help on those de garde? [snort.gif]

The ultimate failed customer service story on prepaid product. Once some people have the money the rest is not important.

Let’s do a sour fest. I’m getting a two random cases in the near future.

That would be cool, I have some sours I’ve been saving for that very reason. Stuff like V13, V14, V15, DDG, Kiwi Herman, MT fruited sours. I’m sure we could put together a great tasting.

Let’s do it

Sour Fest?! I’m in. I have 2 mixed cases of Crooked Stave incl. some rare tap room only bottles arriving Thursday.

I, too, have interest, as well as plenty of options of what to bring.