Help pick some Bourbon at bevmo....

Sorry…a very green newby here when it comes to spirits…but have been partaking a little.
What looks good here from the local Bevmo in the Bourbon area? I, of course, loved the 23 pappys…and have liked Four Roses…I do like the richer, spicier, smooth style…so what recs would you have for a few bottles?

Thanks! [cheers.gif]

http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductList.aspx/_/N-14Z1z141ec?DNID=Spirits&Ns=SalesPrice|1

I would lean towards the Rockhill Farms or Blanton’s.

I’d choose the Weller 12 or 107. They’ll fit that wheated profile you’re looking for at a fraction of the cost.

Those prices suck. If you have a local retailer with a decent Bourbon selection I’d check with them first.

good point. $10 shipping from Hi-time is your friend.

The Wellers showed up for me as ‘Out of Stock.’ Would’ve suggested those as well.

Too bad that Rutledge selection is out of stock. I like regular Blantons for the spice, but the 4R single barrel is my true love in every incarnation.

klwines has a huge selection too. They just got in some four roses special barrel selection stuff today

Just what I needed, more temptation. I see they still have a couple of last years picks in stock - maybe these won’t go too fast.

So I picked up the 4R BS (OBSO)….LOVED that one! Rich caramel cinnamon spice vanilla……and also the Blanton’s which was really nice as well….not as rich and smooth as the 4R, but good spice deep flavors. Both SO SO good with Greenlee’s cinnamon bread!!
They have a bottle of the Weller 107 coming in today which they are saving for me. What about the Elijah Craig 12 Year…Sazerac Rye…or Hirsch Small Batch? Mgr has a bottle of Pappy 23 at home that I’m trying to sweet talk him into selling. :wink:

baaed on your preferences for wheated bourbons I wouldn’t recommend any of those as they all have the characteristic rye spiciness. You’ve ordered them from worst to best for sipping, although the Sazerac is the benchmark in New Orleans cocktails such as the Sazerac, Vieux Carre and La Louissianne. Makes a fine Manhattan too. Bottom line, they aren’t expensive and if your point is to find out if you like rye as a sipper, I’d go Hirsch.

Speaking of noticeable rye bills, another one to add to the mix is the Eagle Rare 10, which was originally meant as a Wild Turkey competitor but has since far surpassed it. Many respectable liquor stores will have their own bottlings. You might also consider Buffalo Trace.