Least favorite mixed drink?

A few months back, a friend and I were taking turns buying rounds at a local dive. He opened with a couple Gin and tonics. Now, it could be that I’m not drinking high enough up the Gin ladder, but, my God were those some downright foul concoctions.

[barf.gif]

Anything called a …-tini that doesn’t start with “mar” and contains anything other than gin, vodka, perhaps a hint of vermouth, and olives, cocktail onions or a lemon twist.

This should probably be in the Beer and Spirits forum . . .

Vodka is an innocuous spirit with very little redeeming value. So anything with that as the base spirit would probably be my choice.

Not really a mixed drinks guy but nothing beats a well-made Gin and Tonic on a hot summer day, with a full ¼-lime. De rigueur after mowing the lawn…

All of them.

This:

This.

Nice!

[highfive.gif]

Btw, Bad Grandpa was the last movie I saw at the theaters. I wonder what that says about me.

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.

Prepared by human or robot?

At this point probably a classic martini.

I think cheap bars use shitty or flat tonic.

in order:

1. any Mai-Tai not made and consumed in Hawaii
  2. Negroni (it’s the Hipster martini)
  3. Irish Car Bomb (waste of a perfectly good pint)
  4. My New Haircut (VNSFW - language, misogyny, general doooshyness)

Red Bull & Vodka

Rum and Coke -

John,
Vodka is good for three things and three things only:

1. Sanitizing wounds,
  2. Pre-sanitizing injection sites, and
  3. Bloody Marys.

I love a good Bloody; otherwise, I agree that vodka is a foul and repulsive effluence.

Some confusion of mixed drinks and cocktails here…

I don’t drink tonic from those soda dispensers. Has to be from a bottle or can.

I can’t drink anything with whisky in it.

just about anything with gin.

For some reason I have never liked margaritas. Even when they are made with good tequila, I just don’t get it. I imagine I am probably in the minority

Of the prominent named cocktails, I most greatly disdain coffee/Kahlua containing beverages.

I don’t drink plain old coffee, either, so it’s just an extension of not enjoying that flavor profile.