Gin!

I’ve been picking up a few different kinds of gin trying to find something that ups the game a bit for both martini’s and gin and tonics. Hendricks, Tanqueray 10 and Bombay Saphire used to be my go-to, but honestly not that impressed. Recently I’ve been drinking Nolets, which I think is spectacular for gin and tonics, but a bit too floral w/o the strong juniper for a martini. I’ve had several others…Millers, Aviation, mostly of the London Dry variety.

So what are you drinking? Any good recs? There seems to be a ton of new stuff out there. Any genevers that are a must try?

I think it only matters for martinis, for g&t, gimlet, negroni etc I buy tanquery export because it’s cheapest here.

Lots of things discussed in the Gin thread…

Before - Boodles
Now - Monkey 47

Ford’s

Hayman’s Old Tom

Big fan of Tanqueray Rangpur for gin & tonics, and Barr Hill by itself or martinis.

Blade
St. George Botanivore
St. George Terroir
Monkey 47 (only straight or in a martini)

Give Nolets a shot, delicious.

Junipero!

Monkey 47 and Fever Tree the best gin and tonic ever IMO.

Plymouth or The Botanist for a 'tini.

Really liking Jensen’s

Monkey 47 is too unbalanced to my palate.

I 'm a big fan of Reisetbauer’s Blue Gin, The Botanist and Plymouth gin.

I particularly like two gins

Tanqueray 10 for citrus drinks like a G and T

Citadelle for Martinis and other gin drinks

Drinking a Tanqueray 10 G and T right now with blood orange instead of lime. Very good.

Personally I am not a fan of Tanqueray. I always keep bombay in but probably prefer Hendricks.

There are a couple of local brands (local to me that is) that I like - Four Pillars and Westwinds.
I’m not sure that much will be making it to the US though.

Yes.

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Monkey 47 is a bit of a conundrum for me. While I do not like it in a martini or on the rocks, I find it makes the best gin and tonic. Cannot think of another gin that falls into the category.

Monkey 47 is so very fragrant, it’s almost close to after shave.

I like it cold and pure.

Sun Liquor Gun Club gin is my go go lately. Ransom Old Tom if I feel like drinking a gi n with more of a scotch\bourbon style. Washington and Oregon have some good small distilleries so I’m drinking local most days.

I posted the same, almost word for word, about a year ago on the Monkey thread. Agree with Dale re: gin and tonic. Lot of money for gin to mix with tonic, but I enjoy the heck out of it when I get one.

How marvelous this thread is.