Pliny the Younger is underway

Pic from their FB page

Might as well get in line now. lol

nice. can’t wait to wait 3 hours in line. ;D

This is the one beer for which I’m willing to stand in a significantly long line … 2 hrs. is probably my max, though, and I better have something to do during those two hours.

if it went 2 hrs and 15 minutes would you just be like “f it i’m out” ;p

You will know the pod people have me when I’m found in a beer line for 2 hours.

Great beer. Will not do what it takes to get it. Used to go 20-25 minutes before opening mid-week, second week and get right in - no longer. c’est la vie

According to the local paper the wait last year averaged 8 hrs. Gets worse, and stupider, ever year.
I haven’t been in 3-4 yrs.
I was told by a coworker if you go in about dinner time on Valentines Days it’s not too bad. However, that’s a Saturday this year so I dunno.

Well, certainly the longer one stands in line the more one is pot-committed to the situation. That said, if I knew before I set foot in the line that it would be 2hrs 15min, then I would not get in that line.

Have to admit that I’ve never tried it since I’m not much of a high alc IPA fan. But a friend of mine buys tickets at bars for this beer and has no wait.

Gets more crazy ass every year. Per the newspaper the first people lined up at 5:30pm yesterday for today’s 10:30am opening.
Rainy and windy right now. Must be having a great time in line.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/business/3478738-181/long-soggy-line-for-pliny

I wonder how many of those folks liked PtY before it became such a cult beer. seriously, I wonder — are any longtime fans willing to jump through today’s hoops to get this beer?

What better opportunity to talk for hours about how they were drinking it before it was popular?

I was at the brew pub a few weeks ago during lunch time and was sitting next to a local. He mentioned that he tries Younger every year, but doesn’t have to wait since the brewery takes care of the long time regulars. Although I wish it’d be easier for someone like me on the East Coast to try it, I was happy to hear that the brewery takes care of their regulars. That’s always nice to hear!

Ugh … I guesssss. But the whole thing about liking it before it was popular kinda goes a long way towards probably taking the hipster element out of it. Or not … maybe I’m just projecting. newhere

dunno if i consider myself a long time fan but I’ve gone 3 years in a row. The first year was about a 10 minute wait, second year was about a hour wait, third year was about a two hour wait. I don’t think it’s an awful time to wait, hang out with like minded people and talk beer. I usually also open some beer as well.

There are many places getting kegs this year here in LA/OC. We should get a few folks together and do a PTY get together. I passed last year but could very well be convinced to give it a go this year.

Cheers,

Bud

2 or 3 hours in line is one thing. Overnight, in crappy weather, for more than 12 hours is another thing completely. [wow.gif]

I’m interested in the idea. My attendance would be depend on a couple other moving parts, however.

Ah, the smell of wet dreadlocks and neck beards.

I’d be interested as well. But I do have a bit of travel coming up. Not a beer I will go totally out of my way for but connecting with everyone would be fun. I might hit Horse Brass when up in Portland as they get PtY but seem to just keep it on the downlow.

Jason