Beer Survey - Please Take

Hi All. . . I posted this survey over in the “Wine Talk” forum yesterday and a member suggested that I also try it here in the “Beer & Spirits” forum.

I’m doing a Marketing Project for one of my business school classes, and the topic my group has chosen is wine and beer (a bit geared more towards beer cuz most of the guys in the group drink more micro-brews than wine). The project is to compare/contrast two companies, decide which one is performing better than the other, and suggest recommendations for the under-performing one. Our group chose to compare Stone Brewery and The Bruery in Orange County. We conducted 6 focus groups and came up with this survey.

If you could please spend 3 minutes and take the survey, it would be extremely valuable for our paper and presentation. Much appreciated to all!

Here is the link:
https://jfe.qualtrics.com/form/SV_b29HmrZlpQI7kpv

-Juyuan

PS. At the very end, you will have an opportunity to input your email to enter into a drawing for a $50 Total Wine and More or Bev Mo gift card, your choice. Only completed surveys will qualify.

Hopefully some of our resident beer geeks take a couple minutes to help you out, Juyuan, and qualify for the generous BevMo/Total Wine gift card drawing by doing so. [drinkers.gif]

The link isn’t working, comes back with an incorrect URL message. Would be happy to take the survey.

Brian. . . thanks for the shout out! Appreciate the help!

Ahhh. . . that’s my bad. Thanks for pointing it out Dustin. Link has been fixed! Thanks in advance buddy!

-Juyuan

Not that it matters in the long run Juyuan, but I would be a member of the Bruery’s club if they would ship to my state, but that wasn’t one of the options for answers! :wink:

Done. One of the better put-together surveys I’ve seen here.

John and Brad, thanks for taking the survey.

One of the more interesting things we’ve come across while interviewing locals here that go to both Stone and Bruery (keep in mind most of these are MBA students) is that they do not prefer getting beer shipped to them or buy them online. As a wine drinker for the most part, I almost always buy online/auction and get them shipped to me. Is this behavior true here for beer as well for beer enthusiasts? Do you guys get beer shipped to you from all across the states? Or rather just drink what is available to you nearby?

Thanks,
Juyuan

You could always make a trustee to pick up and have them ship. If you sign up I don’t have a problem doing it. My brother is a reserve member so he goes all the time to pick up.

^^^^ I agree with what Fu-Tang Clan said.

Also, pretty good, comprehensive survey. Good luck with the presentation!

A data point:
I have never had beer shipped to me — the closest I’ve come is having some beer shipped from one K&L store to the Hollywood location so I can go pick it up. Nearly the only times I have wine shipped to me is from mailing list orders (i.e.: almost never retail).

The only time I’ve had beer shipped to me is when I’ve bought it at a brewery or in another market and then shipped it to myself. Or, if another kind soul, in another market, has sent me something.

I think I looked at that before and for some reason I think there was a problem with someone else picking it up but I could be wrong.

The Bruery facilitates trustees for reserve members without a problem John, I think you can even specify your trustee online in your account settings. I assume they have a lot of out of state members so they are very accommodating.

Oh and completed the survey last night, was enjoyable and well constructed. A lot of correlation with my beer habits as I have drank a lot from both breweries and am in The Bruery RS. If you need more hits for this Juyuan you should post to Beer Advocate and Talkbeer.

The only beer I’ve had shipped to me has been from trades with people on this board. I have rarely had wine shipped to me. Once or twice from auction houses, a handful of times from wineries, and a bit more from physical retailers. Haven’t had wine shipped in about five years. But I’m one data point. I have plenty of friends who do receive shipments of wine (don’t know about beer) more than I do. I happen to be happy enough with what I can procure locally.

you can definitely have it shipped. You designate a trustee in your online account. They package it and ship it over. It’s almost all 750s so just 12 pack styro shippers are perfection. Probably too late to get in the reserve society this year, but the preservation society is still open.

done - good luck with the presentation Juyuan