Nelson Showers is back

For my LA/OC IPA loving hopheads, Noble is releasing the much acclaimed Nelson Showers once again today at the brewery only, and, NO LIMITS !

Go forth and conquer !

Cheers,

Bud

Just from a marketing standpoint- I love that name. I have not heard of this brew before, but perhaps that is not a surprise since I live on the opposite end of the country. But I love the beer in Nelson County (Va) and any play on that name is cool- and also grew up near a state park named Nelson Ledges. So, while this perhaps sounds silly- your post caught my eye because I think it is a great name for a beer.

Derived from the hop variety Bob, Nelson Sauvin, the Noble Shower series focuses on a single hop variety and they brew a DIPA exclusively with that hop, its insanely delicious.

Cheers,

Bud

Bottles as well as Growlers?
I’d love a few bottles if any one local is going (Brian?)

Bottles for sure Peter, doesn’t look like growler fills of this one.

Cheers,

Bud

hmm wonder when it’s being distributed to local pubs. Going to 38 degree alehouse this weekend. THey usually get it pretty early on.

If anyone is willing to trade I’m happy to send some NorCal brews in return.

I have family in town right now and through the weekend. I might go on Mon. or Tue., depending on how things shake-out. I have a bit of a backlog of good beers in the fridge right now, due to a nasty nasty nasty head cold that just won’t go away. If I do go, I will be in contact with you and will get whatever you want; just don’t count on me going, that’s all.

p.s.: the only reason I might go is because I might go to Envoyer to pick up some wines they’re holding for me, and I might be willing to swing by Noble on my way back from Envoyer if I decide to go from Envoyer to my offsite in Glendale.

Brian, don’t worry if you don’t make it. The beers might make it up here anyway.

Let me know if you go. I might be able to meet you there. I am in the “trying to shake the damn head cold world” as well. Hoping to be ship shape soon.

J

Peter, I believe Whole Foods may be getting some, apparently there are some internal changes/issues at Artisan Ales their distributor that may effect who gets this release and who doesn’t.

Cheers,

Bud

Bud, Thanks! My local place Beverage Warehouse will also get some apparently. They generally have various Noble ales.

Awesome Peter, I am enjoying one now, really good, TN already posted.

Cheers,

Bud

I won’t be going tomorrow. In addition to me being sick, now my kid is sick, and I need to watch him tomorrow and get him to a pediatrician.

Feel you buddy, I have had the same crap off and on now for almost two weeks. I hit Alpine then got the creepin crud, only good thing is I have two fresh growlers of Nelson plus some various bottles that need tending to.Was on a Z-pack last week and it seems to have helped, then it went from upstairs to downstairs, pound water.

Cheers,

Bud

Yeah, definitely lots of water going on over here … and very few beers, and definitely no “nice” beers. I refuse to do Zinc — it messes-up my palate too much.

Popped over last night just before closing and tried the Nelson Showers. Really great. Also had a little taste of the Galaxy Showers which was quite different but also tasty. Just not in the same league as the Nelson.

BTW They are on their last keg of the Galaxy.

Jason

Grabbed 4 bottles on Tuesday from our local WF. Really liked the first bottle, so went back today to confirm that they were sold out. Oh well, still have 3.

I am glad I grabbed six last week, its that good. Hope to see you soon for another bottle share.

Cheers,

Bud