Almanac Brewing

New to our market as of this coming Thursday. IPA and Goze, what say ye?

Golden Gate Gose? Very good beer. Have not had their IPA. Their fruited sours are also very good beers.

My note on the Gose from May…

“Really nice and refreshing, delicately sour with wheat, spices, edgy fruit. Awesome in the heat.” 4 out of 5 stars.

Thanks, Goze seems to be the new thing, no?

Yep quite a few popping up, also Berliner Weisse. Anderson Valley makes an awesome Gose packaged in 6-packs of cans, The Kimmie, The Yink & The Holy Gose. The Bruery has Hottenroth, a Berliner. Very refreshing beers as they are usually low in ABV with that nervy acidity.

I need to know Roberto, why you keep typing Goze when it’s Gose.

We’ve got the Kimmie, love it.

Charlies, habit from Italian and Português transliterations. Thanks for correcting me.

Haven’t had their IPA. Thought their Gose was good (but I prefer Anderson Valley’s version). I think their fruited sours are very good to excellent, even if many taste more similar to each other than I’d prefer.

Their AYPA (sorry, it’s the spanish in me) is fantastic! Golden Gate Gose is very good (equal to Westbrook’s, lesser than Anderson Valley’s).

Is that an “Aaaaayyyy Pappi!” reference?

I think all the beers are really good other than the Sourdough Wild Ale. A bit pricey for me.

J

I liked the heirloom pumpkin barleywine style beer they’ve got out now. Heavy and big by quite good.

I also like their honey saison which I think is year round.

Scott

At least I now know what Gose is and how to pronounce it. Amazing how it gets mangled over here as I always misunderstand what people are saying.

Gose is pretty tasty, especially given the price point. IM not a fan of their ipas though…