BTAC 2014

Just received an email from Bevmo alerting me that the BTAC 2014 collection has arrived locally. It then asked me to express interest in any/all of the 4 bottles by sending a reply email. Seems like a first come, first served offer. It’s limited to one bottle total, but I was allowed to request more than one. Hoping I get lucky and score an ER17 or the Stagg

A local Total Wine got 13 bottles - 8 George T. Stagg and 5 Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye. I got 1 of the Rye. 1 bottle limit. I was the 4th in line. I am more of a Rye fan and I hope I made a good choice. It does seem to be the rarest of the two based on the production sheets.

Yeah, Socal TW got their shipment today. Some allowed you to get a whole set, some had 1, some had 2 bottle limits.

ABC stores in FL/NC/SC being told they are getting “a few bottles”, and they’re not sure what they will be.

What’s more brutal is restaurants in NC have to buy their liquor from their local ABC store, and they’ve been allocated 1 bottle of whatever is available.

Crazy what’s happened to the entire BTAC line. IMO not worth the price anymore (on the secondary market.)

Did Buffalo Trace do away with the Weller Larue in this years’ BTAC?

No. It is one of the 5 this year. Only 39 barrels were bottled of it so it is the third rarest next to the Eagle Rare 17 and Sazerac 18 (26 barrels each).

Good to know. Larue was the only one not listed on the email I got from Bevmo today.

They listed all five including the Weller in the email I received from them. Not sure why it would vary, I assume they are shipping them all from one location in California since they won’t be available for pickup.

I stopped by Bevmo last night to get more info. The manager confirmed the bottles were on site under lock and key and would never see the shelf. Once the allocations are determined, he said they will be mailed out to the buyers. He also said this will be SOP for all Pappy except the 10yr which they will put on the shelves.

As Bweimer said, here is a page with the info regarding the 5:

Thanks for the info t bone! I was able to get the handy and the Stagg thx to dr. Kim letting me know about it. Didn’t get there early enough for all five.

Charlie and others - were these sitting on the shelves or did you need to ask someone to pull them out of hiding?

Behind counter and had to ask for them. They were gone in an hour or two after receiving shipment. Saz 18, ER and Weller were in very short supply. Some stores only got Stagg and Handy only.

Was this a special email list for the BTAC release? Or included in their regular email?

Thanks-

This is what I received…

Ahh I see your email is for Arizona David. Guess that is why it was different from what I received for California. Different allocations depending on what they got in each state I guess.

When I spoke to someone at a local BevMo the other day they said they compiled a list of who had purchased these bourbons in the past. I guess last year? Must have compiled it by cross referencing BevMo club cards used when purchasing these bourbons because the only emails I have gotten from them in the past are the mass market blasts.

Did anyone who replied to the bevmo email hear back? I got the auto response but that’s it.

Not clear if it’s a lottery or first come first serve.

Email made it sound like first come first served

I replied in about 15 seconds, haven’t heard back yet

The Bevmo store manager said its a lottery and response time has nothing to do with chances of scoring a bottle.

I checked out an AJs Fine Foods this afternoon and the guy in the wine and spirits department said their store was only getting one bottle of BTAC and that the entire Phoenix market was only allocated 15 bottles for all the stores.