Fresh hop beers- which have you had?

So far I have landed a few cans of the Fort George Fresh- Love it.
Had the Bellevue Brewing company Fresh Hop yesterday- Was a bit meh on it. Likely only available at the brewery.
Heading into Fremont tomorrow to get the Cowiche Canyon from Fremont Brewing.

Not sure how widely fresh hop beers are distributed so this might be a narrow subject, but I am willing to trade a couple of cans of Fort George (and Cowiche Canyon if I can get enough) for some good sh!t out of area.

Port Brewing’s “High Tide” is very excellent. Too bad it hasn’t been released yet this year (afaik).

looking forward to trying Modern Times City of the Sun wet hop IPA next week. They are doing it side by side with a dry hop version

The last three I have had according to my list were High Tide from Port, 4 out of 5 for me, Hop Kitchen from New Belgium which I also liked as well, and Beachwoods fresh hopped Amalgamator which I was so looking forward to but did not like at all,considering the dry hopped may be their best IPA.

Brian, the 2014 High Tide is now available.

Cheers,

Bud

Nothing yet this year. Traditional buys in the past have been Sierra Nevada Celebration and Surly Wet.

Sa-weet! [thumbs-up.gif]

I’d imagine that that most fresh hop beers don’t get distributed too widely. I think the only US fresh hop beers I’ve seen are Sierra Nevada Harvest ales (I’m in Melbourne Australia). I’ve tried quite a few local ones though.

At Fremont Brewing today. Cowiche Canyon is good stuff. And they have some summer ale left. Bonus

There are a ton available right now, but most are draft/growler and I don’t think most get outside of the local area. There’s even a fresh hop fest this weekend in Portland with about 60+ beers. (http://oregoncraftbeer.org/events/freshhopsfest/). We got a growler of Breakside’s Citra IPA last weekend that was really good.

Surly Wet, and Bell’s Harvest Ale top the list for me.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe there is any Surly Wet in 2014.

That bites.

+1. Cowiche Canyon on draft last night and in cans today. Both excellent. Will try to hit Brouwer’s Hop Fest this week to try other fresh hop beers.

Still the benchmark for me - I’ve had a few local Midwestern ones, but nothing has really stood out. Ruhstaller up in Sacramento produces some wonderful wet hop ales. The biggest issues with these beers is they have to be so, so fresh, so I am scared to purchase anything that has been sitting on a shelf for more than a couple weeks.

Just had at Brouwer’s Hop Fest:

• Kulshan (even though it has placed in top 3 at past two Yakima Fresh Hop Fests, I was not impressed)

• Holy Mountain Pale (new Seattle brewery and I believe this is their first publicly released beer; interesting and different than any other fresh hop I’ve had; looking forward to drinking more of their beer)

• Logsdon Fresh Hop Seizoen (fantastic; hoping I can find bottles of this around Seattle)

• Laurelwood Workhorse Fresh Hop IPA (another beer that I’ve heard good things about that just seemed ok to me)

+1

Fu and I stopped by Modern Times to pick up some beers. Had City of the Sun wet and reg. Preferred reg, but honestly both were meh. I have never been wowed with MT, I hope the new BBA Monster stouts are good, we took a flyer on them.

Off topic, but went to Societe and Council after. Societe was great as always. First time at Council, couple of really good IPAs and some not so good.

Agreed with kim. Except I liked the bretty uniqueness of the wet hop.

Not a fan of Modern Times beers, I’ve tried.

Cheers,

Bud

Three Notch’d “Ten Farmers” Pale Ale. Made from hops picked just hours before by local farmers. Mostly Cascade, not aggressive at only 5.5%abv, and not even aggressively bitter on the palate; my wife enjoyed it on draft and she’s usually not a hop nut. Pure green hop aromas, complex and well balanced, the Muscadet of fresh hop beers. Brewery also just won Bronze at the GABF for their Irish Red Ale. Good stuff without trying to be immense or overly cutting edge.

http://threenotchdbrewing.com/beers/10-farmers-pale-ale/

Will be getting the Lickinghole Creek Gentleman Farmer Estate Hop Ale release soon, also a locally grown, hours from harvest to kettle beer, true ‘Virginia terroir’ beer.

http://www.lickingholecreek.com/beers-past-present-and-future