What comes after unicorn when it comes to rare & $$$ Beers?

INteresting site (the Savory) featuring wine, beer & food runs a list of serious $$$$ Beers:

Ouch!

I got to taste Utopia once and it was quite good.

I can afford to look for a Black Tuesday, I guess.

In regards to the Black Tuesday, what is a used bottle?

I guess they must mean aged? Strange list, Black Tuesday and Veritas are not particularly expensive on release but I guess they can be expensive on the secondary market. But there has to be a ton of beers that are expensive on the secondary market. Why pick those two? Did not expect to own two beers on that list so really wild from my perspective.

After unicorns comes walez.

There was only seven bombers bottled of our Dusk Till Dawn (imperial espresso stout) aged in Blanton’s barrels. I’d be willing to part with one for $500 [snort.gif]

What comes after unicorn when it comes to rare & $$$ Beers?

More dick swinging, probably.

I thought Utopia was gross.

It reminded me of a stronger Duchesse de Bourgogne with heavier malt and wood notes.

Isn’t Utopia the liqeur-beer that Sam Adams put out? The “beer” I had reminded me of a PX. I will say that I had it after a charity event, and my palate was not fresh to say the least. Still, what I remember is thick, syrupy, sweet and heavy.

FWIW I really like Duchesse (though can’t imagine why anyone would ruin it with malt and wood notes!)

[welldone.gif]