32-ounce bottles

At my local beer shop, I saw 32-ounce bottles of Lagunitas Sucks. Apparently, they are releasing Sucks in this format now and in six packs in early 2015. I like the beer, but I just couldn’t bring myself to buy the 32-ouncer. It would feel like I was buying Budweiser or Miller.

I know, mathematically, it’s only two pints. And I’ve certainly downed two pints in a sitting before. Still, it just somehow seems wrong.

Okay, now go ahead and tell me to get over it.

Just share it with two ppl :smiley:. I’m glad they are bottling Sucks on a regular basis, but a 6 pack would be nice. It’s a badass beer

Picked up one of these, cool format to share a couple pints. Sucks is good from Lagunitas but I am not a huge fan of their beers. All the IPAs seem to share the same savory sweet fruit profile. My theory is the yeast strain they use, seems to make all the beers taste the same and the profile isn’t my favorite.

You only have two options:

1. Split it with a friend; or
  2. Man the f*ck up.

The choice is yours.

I’m curious how the price of the 32 ouncer compares with their normal six pack pricing on a per ounce basis. It seems like a lot of breweries charge a much higher price on a per ounce basis with larger format bottles. There must be some psychological reason why people are willing to pay more for these.

It’s probably better out of a brown paper bag while sitting on a street corner

I believe the 32oz. Sucks were $5.99. So roughly $13.50 six pack equivalent. Not sure what six packs usually go for, have not bought in awhile.

In the SF Bay Area quarts go for $6.99 and sixers for as low as $8.99, usually $9.99-$10.99. I haven’t seen sixers for a while. I skip the quarts…

Double checked today, Sucks 32ozers are $6.99, so about $15.75 per sixer equivalent. Also I think sixers usually go for $12 so yea not a very good deal. Of course you can’t find sixers right now so moot point.