OC Breweries/Tasting Rooms

A member of our local wine group is dating a woman who is going to be living in OC (Huntington Beach) for about six months. He wrote to ask if it is worth the 30-minute trip to visit The Bruery tasting room. I told him I haven’t been, but, yes, he should. What other places in OC, perhaps even closer, are worth his time? I don’t really know his preferences in terms of beer styles, but I think he’s pretty open to discovery.

Bruery is well worth the trip. Bottle Logic and Noble are close by and worth a stop. Beachwood in Seal Beach or Long Beach is also a must.

Thanks, Joe. looks like your recommendations exhaust the list. I appreciate it, and I’ll pass them on.

You can add Valiant to the close by list.

I have not been but right next to the previously mentioned breweries is Phantom Ales. I have never seen or tried their beers but the do offer this http://www.phantomales.com/brew-hop/

Anaheim Brewery is around as well. They do more traditional straight up beers. Not for people looking for extremes.

Being near Beachwood will be awesome for him if he wants to try beers, although they do not do flights.

Jason

Thanks, Jason.

I’ll ecco Beachwood. They also have a great list of other beers on tap.

Beachwood BBQ

also, Beachwood BBQ.

Has anyone mentioned Beachwood ?

Cheers,

Bud

Location? Website? Yelp reviews? Is it better than TGI Fridays?

I believe Beachwood is consumed onsite or by growler fill only. Is that correct?

Brad, unless there is a Beachwood bottle release like the upcoming Thrillseeker IPA release later this month then you are correct. Bottles can be purchased at both locations however Long Beach always has more stock. There is a handy new release schedule both for growler and bottles on their website under the calendar.

Cheers,

Bud

My friend visited Beachwood last night. He sent me a text asking what he should try. I replied back, “As much as you can.” from the pic text that followed, it would appear he did. He also added that the GF was driving.

Bummer they won’t do flights there.

In the photo he texted, there were about ten different glasses in front of him.

they do half pours, which i guess could be flights

Oh yeah. But I always forget that.

J

At KRBC I asked the waitress if I could do “something less than a full pour, like a half pour?” she said “sorry only full pints”. Then I saw people get tasters, like 5oz tulips. Guess sometimes you need to be exact in your wording o_O

Left Coast Brewing is a good spot. It’s in San Clemente, which is a good 40 minutes from HB, but that’s no big deal in these parts. Cismontane is in Rancho Santa Margarita. A bit shorter distance but I’d rather go to Left Coast.

Giracci Vineyards is a great place to wine taste, seriously. Wine is pretty decent (paso & Sonoma fruit) and the property is stunning.

http://www.giracci.com/

Yep, we did get a few 5 oz pours asking if it was possible to taste a variety of beers.