I am ashamed.

I was in Bakersfield yesterday for work. I didn’t know that Kern River just released Citra the same day for Growler fills and bottles (no lottery needed). Would have been only a forty minute detour.

ashamed charlie is ashamed. That’s what I get for not reading beer advocate in the mornings.

Loser!

Kidding. Kind of.

[oops.gif] and the bottle in my avatar could be chillin’ in the fridge as we speak….NO SOUP FOR YOU !!!

Cheers,

Bud

Bummer. Should be on their email list Charlie. They sent out an email on Tuesday around noon with the details. Not worth the drive up for me but if I happened to be close would definitely make the effort.

The worst part, I actually thought to myself “maybe I should check to see if kern is doing anything”, but I didn’t do it. slaps hand on head

Kern River Citra was/is one of the very few beers that lived up to the hype. #charlieFAIL

I Like the ring of that!

. I woulda drove to LA to help you drink the growler and you know how much I hate driving to LA.

getting sadder by the minute

i would have flown in from Chicago…

They did not do growler fills, just a two bottle limit and of course on tap for on site consumption. Basically it was the leftovers from a batch they did for GABF. Should make you feel a bit better Charlie. Bottles plus growlers would make the drive a bit more enticing I have to say.

cuz that woulda meant one for Fu and one for me!

whew. made me feel a tiny bit better