Butternuts Beer and Ales from NY....

New to our market. What say ye?

It may be new to you, but if you were a faithful follower of my posts- and you should be [highfive.gif] - then you’d know that their Xmas Scotch Ale was one of the best beers I have ever had.

I have tried to encourage them to bottle their beers instead of cans, but so far to no avail.

We got the Porkslap APA brewed with fresh ginger, Moo Thunder Milk Stout and Heinnineweisse unfiltered Weissbier.

I dig cans and there is a huge market for them here to drink on hikes, while camping, on boats and on the pool deck.

Pork Slap is average at best; Moo Thunder a little better but not much; have never had the Weiss.

I NEVER buy Butternuts at retail. Last time I had one, the Moo Thunder, was almost 2 years ago in a Mexican restaurant where the only other options were Sol, Tecate and other similar Mexican Vienna lagers.

Absence must make the heart grow fonder as I have a pack of ex-pat New Yorkers who have been BEGGING me for these. I just took two cases of each, we’ll see what happens.

There are displaced Pittsburgh natives that beg for Iron City, doesn’t mean they know what they’re talking about. I will admit to not having their Xmas Scotch to judge, but in relation to other beers canned and otherwise Butternuts is way down on my list.

I remember being really disappointed with pork slap ale.

The Scottish Xmas ale was only in kegs- no cans. Their regular beers are pretty standard, IMO, but that beer was a true standout- really something special.

I represent them in the Midwest Roberto - and I like the Porkslap Pale Ale - it’s not as hoppy as a lot of West Coast Pale Ales, but really drinkable and well made. Not a big fan of their IPA, but the Stout and wheat beer are also well made. Cool brewery too on an old farm outside of Cooperstown.