Four roses 2014 LE - Holy Mother of God !!!

I managed to get a bottle of the 2014 LE SB

Now first off, im 50 years old and have been drinking whiskey al my adult life. for example I love a nice Islay malt like a cask strength Lagavullin so im far from a whiskey novice.

Last weekend I was drinking the standard 4 roses SB bottlings and enjoying them, tonight I tried the 2014 LE SB, Bloody hell !!! the nose actually cleared my sinuses and I had to pull away !!! on tasting it is just such a powerful full bodied bourbon that it is overwhelming.

I am not saying this in a negative way, its just that ive never had in 30 years such an intense drink, its not alcohol burn its an intense concentration of flavor and character.

Its going to take a while to comprehend. Its a bit like dating a quiet shy non sexual girl next door and then sleeping with a full on horny Angeline Jolie who wants to rape u !!!

Alan

You decided to drink rather than sell for the $300 - $1000.

Yes I did and it was a good decision

BTW, what are you hoping to achieve by point this out ?

Well, I think Peter was pointing out that you can complain about a price here yet can’t make comments in the commerce corner due to the rules. maybe more to it but that works for me!

Not following

Whos complaining ?

Maybe complaining should have been commenting

It’s good, but not better than a private cask bottling which is readily available for $50.

I was wondering if you’d found a buyer in the $300 - $1,000 range, had thoughts about offering wine on CC without putting any price on it besides $300 to $1,000 and had any moral dilemma doing so while the 2013 version of the wine, supposedly better by the various reviewers, was still offered in the London Market (check WSPro) for $175 per?

Just stuff like that.

Just enjoying myself, actually. I so disliked your $300 - $1000 fishing expedition on this bourbon, a great bourbon to be sure but not part of the stupidity of the JPS17, Maple Hill 20 and 16, Pappy anything, Parkers 27 craze, I thought I’d go ahead and comment.

This

I like it reasonably more than the private label single barrel stuff. The private label stuff is 11 years and younger. The small batch has juice that’s up to 18yo, and the blend adds a lot to the final flavor. Anyway, I’m always good with a private label pour!

Is this the 125th anniversary bottling that came out last fall? I need to try the cask strength still, but the single barrel has been available under $30 locally, which is an insane qpr in my book.

The 125th was one of the 2013 releases

Thanks for your comments.

[stirthepothal.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] [stirthepothal.gif]

So did it live up to your self assigned hype as…

These are the two I tried side by side. Single Barrel private bottling for Little Brothers in Flemington NJ & 2014 Single Barrel limited release.

Peter, if it’s a single barrel, how can it have older juice? The 2014 doesn’t show the age on the front but I want to say it was 12-14, compared to 10-11 for the private bottling.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi Brent,
When you go to 4Roses to buy a barrel to make into a private label single barrel, they show you 11 years old and younger (at least that’s what I’ve been told by various merchants, I can’t use a barrel of bourbon myself!). I know the small batch LE bottling is generally older? For the 2013 small batch, it’s OBSV (18yr), OBSK (13yr) and OESK (13yr). So if used in equal proportions would average around 15 years old (and would have 1/3 18yo juice). For the 2014 Single Barrel, looks like they’re using an 11yo. So in this case, would be little difference vs just getting an 11yo private barrel for $50 - $60!

Tyler

Absolutely, I would take this over a lot of other rare borbons

Had this last night at Bourbon’s Bistro in Louisville. A bit hot at first, one small cube in, and 10 minutes later it was fantastic. Would I spend the $$ for it? Don’t think so. Still kicking myself for not buying that EC 18 I saw 6 months ago. That was the best bourbon I’ve tasted in a long, long time.
Four Roses LE.jpg

Whats with the calling everyone out in threads lately. I don’t like it!

Okay, I was thinking of the LE Small Batch. That is the top whiskey right?

I have a bottle open now and it’s quite good. I only paid $67 for it so its a great value, but it still speaks strongly of the regular, readily available non-LE single barrel as a screaming, ridiculous value at about $30. Think they both improve markedly when open for some time.