Court rules against cold beer sales in Indiana...

Convenience stores NOT allowed to chill beer, “Package stores” ARE allowed. WTF?!?!?!?!?

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/judge-rules-no-cold-beer-sales-in-grocery-convenience-stores

You can be sure the liquor store owners are working hard to keep that going. They’ll give some rationale like it’s in the best interest of public safety or some such nonsense.

Also in Indiana you cannot buy retail alcohol all day on Sunday or between 3AM and 7AM the other days.

I was born and raised in Indiana. Graduated high school, shot across the state line, and never looked back. Can’t say there’s a thing I miss about living there.

Stuff like this (… and, trust me, there are plently others …) just reminds me what a bass-ackward state it is.

Michael

Liquor stores aren’t allowed to sell cold soft drinks either.

NO ONE under 21 allowed in a liquor store but you can take your kids in a grocery store that sells beer, liquor and wine and even walk them up and down the booze aisle.

To work in a liquor store I have to carry a liquor permit and take annual training, to sell booze in a grocery store you need neither.

The no booze sales on Sunday is easy to deal with if you keep a well stocked supply of beer, wine and liquor in your house.

No one has contested the constitutionality of a ban on refrigeration??? I would think that Coca Cola would have a vested interest in disputing that.

Doesn’t beers like Coors keep their product refrigerated? Silly law.