Heater Allen Brewing - must visit when in the Willamette

I know Rick’s beers have been given their just praise in other threads, but as I just visited yesterday I wanted to add my two cents.

If you are heading to the Willamette, Heater Allen must be on your list if you like beer. I thoroughly enjoyed all the beers, especially the Pils, Coastal, Bobtoberfest and Isarweizen. Crisp, flavorful and low in alcohol. A great alternative to the arms race seen among many US brewers to amp up the hops, wood and ABV. Plus, Rick is making beers that are generally neglected by other US beer makers.

I look forward to visiting again when I make it down there again later this year. In the meantime, I’ll enjoy the case I walked away with during the summer. Chapeau Rick!

I have found VERY few domestic brewers who make high quality lager, and Rick is definitely one of them. What I have tried of his has been great. I only wish I could get some on this side of the country. I’ll make it a point to drink much more Heater Allen the next time I’m out that way.

Thanks for stopping by, Scott. It was great to meet you and Peloton, and I glad you enjoyed the beer.

I’ve smuggled bottles back a few time, I have a brother that lives in Salem, and when he is heading through the valley he picks me up a few bottles.

One of the best American Pilseners I have ever tasted - just scrumptious stuff -

Couldn’t agree more. Rick you need TX distribution so I can drink this Pils daily.
image.jpg

And the coastal…:slight_smile:

What!?! No IPA??? :wink:

Melinda and I are coming soon!

We don’t make an IPA, although we’re talking about collaborating on an IPL with 10 Barrel, and we’ve also talked with the Commons (they don’t make an IPA either) about collaborating on an IPA that we would call “Never Again”.