Napa guest houses

Hi everyone,

I am new to the board, but have been in the biz for about 13-14 years now. I am the Wine Director for a larger store in the west suburbs of Chicago. It is part of a chain called Malloy’s Finest Wine & Spirits, which got its start immediately after the repeal of Prohibition.

I am planning a trip to Napa (not my first, been there a number of times), but I am looking for some suggestions. I was thinking of hitting up some wineries for accommodations. Which wineries are your favorite places to stay?

My upcoming trip isn’t until June, so hopefully I still have time to find a nice place.

Thank you for any help,

are you looking for a place to stay on winery grounds? or looking to rent a house?

I rented a house for the weekend along the silverado country club that was pretty great value, huge house with 4 bedrooms. A quick hop onto silverado trail

Thanks, Charlie.
I am hoping that I can get a winery to put me up.
I have a good friend I can stay with, but I’m going for a week, and don’t want to wear out my welcome.
I am sure I could set something up through my distributors, I was just hoping that someone here might have a recommendation.

Bob, you will need to go through your distributors/suppliers for this. If you contact wineries directly they will either tell you to talk to your distributor/supplier or ignore you. This is assuming you’re hoping for complementary accommodations.

Our favorites are Paradigm (we used the Harris’ garage apartment), Kenefick Ranch and Laird. Keenan also has an amazing cottage on the top of Spring Mountain but we have not stayed there. If you carry any of these producers’ wines reach out to your reps.

That’s great. Yeah, I don’t mind going through my reps, I just want to know which places to ask about.
I have carried the Paradigm and Laird, but it has been a few vintages since I have had them.
Please keep suggestions coming.

You may have to go through some of the bigger wineries for free housing.

I always loved the Cyrus Alexander house on the property of Alexander Valley Vineyards, a wonderful little turn of the century schoolhouse on their property. And you may have to put some of their wines on sale - but they are very good about letting retailers stay there.

AND - It’s haunted…or so the locals say…