Naked Wines.com

So the company I work for received a coupon for nakedwines.com and the ordering feel to me. As I went through the site I started to think about signing up to be a wine “angel” ($40 a month into your account) myself.

Has anyone on here had experience with nakedwines.com?

Cheers!

I know someone who signed up recently. Mixed reviews on the wines, but the prices are low. Apparently they source the grapes and then recruit various winemakers to make the wines in their facilities.

I had a taste of their (Donaldson?) bubbly last w/e–not very impressive IMO.

Good to know. Seeing that I am on the lower end of the income spectrum I try to keep my bottle price lower so nakedwines.com seemed like a good deal. Has anyone had experience with other sites that are similar?

Don’t mean to rain on your parade, but it seems like an odd winemaking model to me. The disconnect between the vineyard and the winemaker, I mean.

I don’t know how much time you have or the availability of wines in your area, but there are other ways to find inexpensive but good wines, for ex from less well known regions/vintners.

It’s basically like Kickstarter for winemaking. It’s just crowd funding that allows a winemaker to start their own label, and it is a ready-made marketing tool to sell it, which can be difficult for many people trying to start their own labels.

OK, that makes more sense. So they’ll be trying hard, but with not so much experience and little control of fruit quality.

ohh its great congrats.

[u]topcelebritiesnude.com/[/u]

I bought a mixed case as a gift (as a way for wine newbie friends to try new varietals), and it was very cheap (about $100). The shipping was fast and they packed the mixed case correctly (JJ Buckley could learn from them).
I haven’t tried the wines so I can’t comment on quality. Interesting business model, so you certainty could try and see if you like them.

Drew - On a limited budget you might consider 90+ wines… http://www.ninetypluscellars.com/ . They broker excess wine from grower wineries all over the world and then they have the winery put their on label on the wine for distribution. Some are quite good and very inexpensive over the actual winery label…Gary

I was a Naked Wines member for about a year. I loved the company - but I just didn’t like the wines. They have fans all over the world, so YMMV - but I’d recommend sampling some of their product before joining.

By the way, canceling my membership was easy and hassle-free - whatever they’re doing on the business side of things, they’re doing right - at least from the consumer point of view.

Wait, isn’t that what Ray Walker did? [stirthepothal.gif]

Well played, Ken [thumbs-up.gif]