It's Black Wednesday...good luck to all!

For those of us in the retail end of things today is usually the biggest day of the year traffic wise if not also dollar wise. We’re off to a roaring start already

Everyone have a good time, stay calm and try not to strangle any old ladies who say “I don’t know anything about wine, can you help me?” and then argue with everything you say to them…

2pm and already thrown three to their deaths… [swearing.gif]

Well, at least you didn’t strangle them…

A good day here today, it’s finally starting to wind down.

My feet are killing me. Still have one straggler and one tire kicker in the store. While they are wandering around aimlessly, I’m sitting here typing, sipping on some Radio Coteau La Neblina. Straggler got his wine. Carrie’s handling it. More vino for me. Still have 2 regulars who haven’t dropped in yet so we’ll hang out until 8:30 or so.

A fine day indeed.

The day before Thanksgiving used to be a madhouse but our customers finally figured it out and now many of them come in on Tuesday to avoid the craziness. Wednesday’s number was still huge but the day was fairly manageable. My only concern is that we sold less Beaujolais Nouveau than usual and I want that stuff gone by mid-December at the latest.

My perception is the same. I’ve even had a few phone calls wondering if we received our shipment YET. We always have it same time every year without fail.

After climbing the stairs from the Kroger parking lot, at least I know where you threw them!

How do you guys think that Wednesday night being the first day of Channukah affected things? We were much less busy after sundown when it is usually like Black Friday at a Walmart. Over all a very good day but the traffic patterns were very different.

If you get a tight spiral on them, they will roll all the way to the road, and the city has to clean them up. Hope you make down our way again soon.

We had a successful Wednesday. We ran out lots of big name brand stuff on Monday and Tuesday, so it can be fun getting people to try new things (and remind them they chose to shop on the day before Thanksgiving when we are out of their favorite wine).

It still shocks me how people can see how busy we are and want to spend 20 minutes chatting to decide on one white and one red, when a 5 case customer can be in and out in 2 minutes.

Something to remember when these 2 holidays coincide again . . . in 79,000 years.