Career Move and Celebratory Bottles

My beginning in this industry was only 5 years ago at the largest, and most amazing, alcohol retail stores in the US. Now it is time to spread my wings and fly. I am a week in to a distributing position with a microscopically small distributor currently in KY only. I went from Pimpin Retail to Pimpin Wholesale. Wish me luck!

Now for the juicy details. My last night at my former job I enjoyed a stone fired pizza with plum tomato sauce, fresh mozz, roasted garlic, and house made sausage with a bottle of Chateau Haut-Bailey Pessac Leognan 2004, a bottle of Domaine Janesse Chateauneuf du Pape 2006, a bottle of Domaine du Pegau Chateauneuf du Pape 2000, and a bottle of Cantillon Lou Pepe Kreik. I could try and recall tasting notes, but simply stated they were all amazing and drinking very well. That being said, all bottles also had plenty of life left in them.

I was also gifted a bottle of Moccagatta Barberesco 1998, a bottle of Tignanello 1999, and a bottle of Tyrconnel Irish Whiskey.

Gifts from me to myself included a bottle of Forester Birthday Bourbon 2013, a bottle of Egly-Ouriet Grand Cru V.P. Extra Brut, and a bottle of St. George Single Malt XXX!

I’ve been told that within a month a person can tell if they can hack it as a distributor, so I’ll check back in a few weeks. Wish me luck!

Total Wine & More? Costco? newhere

Congratulations on being a big fish in a mud puddle?

Sounds cramped.

I should have also specified it is an independently owned single location store. So to answer your question, no.

Sorry, it’s been a long day. You were being facetious. I’m an idiot.

And I do find it amusing that at first mention of a salesman there is nearly silence.

What, do I already smell like a salesman?

Costco does have a pretty good selection for a store of its type though, you must admit.