Signs of wholesaler desperation....

Importer calls on a Saturday with “Would you like to taste some wines with with a really cute producer?” Oy Vay!

What’s next? “The Nonino Girls are in town, they’re doing a swimsuit show / tasting at Mozza…”

You said yes, right?

I said, “come by and, if we are not too busy, we’ll talk”…

Haven’t seen that but I have seen more distributors working the local restaurants/wine shops in the last 2 months or so.

There is a local Budweiser distributorship that made a move into the ‘fine wine’ market. Their selection and marketing plan for the first few months seemed to follow the Bud plan “Dress it up and have some local talent with her ha-has bursting out and maybe they won’t notice it tastes like piss.”

Not to say we didn’t enjoy the visits…

I used to work at a big restaurant in NOLA and, when Gallo would send the former Vegas Showgirls around, I would palm them off on the GM (who was a leather queen by night) and he would read them to filth about their hair and makeup…

So how were the wines ? Did they pass you evaluation ?

Amazing DNA!!!

Colin grouphug

Roberto, where were you in NOLA? One of my favorite cities, there at least 2-3 times per year. My kind of people in that town.

Antoine’s, I was the Beverage Director for a few years in the 80’s.

Does this mean T-Bone is going to start pimping his wine in lipstick and a bustier? [wow.gif]

Sex sells, even in the wine industry.

I knew that sheep needed a bra! :wink: neener

FIFY

Ahhh - the Nonino girls -

When I worked for Nonino’s importer back in the early 1990s, two of the Nonino girls came to town. My sales guy took one of the girls and I took the other.

Needless to say, no one could say no to them and we ended up selling 40+ cases of their upper tier priced grappas in one day. I still have a hard time going into certain stores in the Twin Cities area where I still find bottles of Nonino grappa laying around. I warned everyone to NOT OVERBUY, but no one listened.

Dude! pileon [head-bang.gif]

Start?